Herbstreit and Fowler…

Just now, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Will be calling the game vs OU. Personally my favorite broadcast team to listen to with Gus and Joel being a close second. Who’s y’all favorite broadcast booth? I wish we could’ve heard Brad nessler and ole Gary danielson call a red River game. 

Nessler and Danielson have called Red River back in their ABC days I think.  Don’t know if they called one together.

Fowler and Herbstreit are great.  I remember saying when ESPN replaced Musberger with Fowler that Fowler wouldn’t be cut out for that role, but I was wrong.

25 minutes ago, qaertyisthatdude said:

Nessler and Danielson have called Red River back in their ABC days I think.  Don’t know if they called one together.

Fowler and Herbstreit are great.  I remember saying when ESPN replaced Musberger with Fowler that Fowler wouldn’t be cut out for that role, but I was wrong.

I loved listening to musburger growing up. Danielson and Verne Lundquist was iconic 

36 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Will be calling the game vs OU. Personally my favorite broadcast team to listen to with Gus and Joel being a close second. Who’s y’all favorite broadcast booth? I wish we could’ve heard Brad nessler and ole Gary danielson call a red River game. 

IMO, Fowler is definitely the best in the biz.  I think Klatt is Herbstreit's equal for color.  Not a fan of Gus and his breathless play-by-play.

Rece Davis is good. Jesse Palmer is good. Greg McElroy should be promoted.

Nessler and Danielson are great, but we all lose a step.

Brando is lucky to have a job, Spencer Tillman is good, but a Sooner.

Dusty Dvoracek still beat his best friend with a baseball bat.

I tell you who I can't stand on play-by-play - Joe Tessitore's hyperventilations and Sean McDonough's bored-out-of his-mind half-assed ruminations.

• Hook 'Em 1

I agree with the OP, and just want to add a vote for Klatt as someone who conveys insights clearly and with precision.  I think McElroy is an easy listen as well.  Klatt, like Herbstreit, is quietly confident in his own assessments, which is very convincing to a casual fan like me!

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, horns96 said:

IMO, Fowler is definitely the best in the biz.  I think Klatt is Herbstreit's equal for color.  Not a fan of Gus and his breathless play-by-play.

Rece Davis is good. Jesse Palmer is good. Greg McElroy should be promoted.

Nessler and Danielson are great, but we all lose a step.

Brando is lucky to have a job, Spencer Tillman is good, but a Sooner.

Dusty Dvoracek still beat his best friend with a baseball bat.

I tell you who I can't stand on play-by-play - Joe Tessitore's hyperventilations and Sean McDonough's bored-out-of his-mind half-assed ruminations.

I can’t stand Brando. He hates Texas and pulls against them every game he’s had and it’s so obvious. “How do you do” and the way he delivers it is just cringe 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

I can’t stand Brando. He hates Texas and pulls against them every game he’s had and it’s so obvious. “How do you do” and the way he delivers it is just cringe 

I can't think of a single fanbase that likes Brando.

Just now, Texas fan in Georgia said:

They called 2021 and called the RRR game last year. 

I unfortunately was out of it last year and didn’t see the game. First RRR I missed in a long time.