5 First Rounders?

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

NFL loves what Cameron Williams will become after a year of seasoning in the league IMO

If he plays well the next two weeks, he may be better than 60-40 to be a 1st rounder

I don’t like it.  I’d rather have Cam back next season playing LT & have the first Tackle drafted in back to back years. 

Cam, Neto, Hutson, DJ, Baker 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
10 hours ago, UkowWhatImSAYEN said:

I don’t like it.  I’d rather have Cam back next season playing LT & have the first Tackle drafted in back to back years. 

Cam, Neto, Hutson, DJ, Baker 

Always … but Cam is gone if he’s a first round grade. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Mims from Georgia last year got picked in the first round after one year of playing time as Well. The scouts like those big guys that can move and have very high upside. The scouts believe cam Williams is just scratching the surface if he continues to play like he has and has good games against Georgia and Oklahoma he very well could be a first rounder and not expected back next year. 

Edited by Keelaannn

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Keelaannn said:

Mims from Georgia last year got picked in the first round after one year of playing time as Well. The scouts like those big guys that can move and have very high upside. The scouts believe cam Williams is just scratching the surface if he continues to play like he has and has good games against Georgia and Oklahoma he very well could be a first rounder and not expected back next year. 

100%. If Williams has quality games against OU and Georgia ... he's as good as gone barring injury. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

I could be persuaded on four of the five. I love Jahdae but he’s not gonna grade a first-round pick. 

Only possible way I see it is if he somehow manages to run in the low 4.4s. I think his versatility & football IQ will be covered by DCs & we have seen some pure slot corners go earlier than expected in recent drafts. So I think Barron playing some outside this year helps his draft stock a little. But I sit round 2-3 for him realistically.

3 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

BTW, this isn’t an outlier on Williams in the first round 

Dane Brugler and another is saying the same

The NFL scouts are telling those guys they love that upside 

Mims from Georgia

1 hour ago, Keelaannn said:

Drafted in the first round after starting eight games

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

100%. If Williams has quality games against OU and Georgia ... he's as good as gone barring injury. 

I think Williams will play well in those games. Will be a matter of does he have the false starts corrected in the big game environment. After the first drive jitters against Michigan he was rock solid. If he does that, time to start prepping Goosby & Baker now.

Anyone else remember the Greatest Recruiting Class in History from 2022?  Those players are now eligible for the draft but the only A&M player on this list of projected first rounders is a transfer from Purdue. And the only name I recognize from that original class is LT Overton, who is now at Alabama.  Eight 5* recruits in one class and very little to show for it.

As a wise man once said "You guys keep talking about a $20 million roster ... [but] If you don't pay the right guys, you'll be sh-- out of luck."  Or don't have the right staff to develop them.

Edited by ArizonaLonghorn

6 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

I could be persuaded on four of the five. I love Jahdae but he’s not gonna grade a first-round pick. 

I agree, but if he stays healthy he is going to play in the NFL for a long time.  He is so tough and an excellent open field tackler.  On any given play he can be trusted to cover any skill position on the field.  Most importantly, he is a smart football player.

I bet he is gone before the start of the 4th round.