Texas Defense The Best In The Nation (Statistically)

THREE touchdowns given up in 6 games is nuts. I don’t care who you’ve played.

That said, Texas has to come with that defense every week. Georgia and Beck can stress it. 

My favorite play of yesterday? When Texas’ D stayed out there and didn’t let OU have a garbage time TD.

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

Not really. Georiga is missing two of their best OL, and their skill position talent is JAGish.

I feel like we're going to get to the end of the season undefeated and people will be saying we aren't that good because Michigan wasn't the same team (defending Ntl Champs), 0u is in a down year, Georgia wasn't 'Georgia', atm just sucks, etc.  

I don't care what league you're in, our defense is playing lights out.  Every team will have pieces missing (we're down 4 RBs..) this time of year.  It's not our job to keep them healthy.  If we come in healthier than the other team, it's another mark of excellence for our program.  Our S&C staff and our depth of roster is part of what makes this a championship-caliber team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, bourbasted said:

I feel like we're going to get to the end of the season undefeated and people will be saying we aren't that good because Michigan wasn't the same team (defending Ntl Champs), 0u is in a down year, Georgia wasn't 'Georgia', atm just sucks, etc.  

I don't care what league you're in, our defense is playing lights out.  Every team will have pieces missing (we're down 4 RBs..) this time of year.  It's not our job to keep them healthy.  If we come in healthier than the other team, it's another mark of excellence for our program.  Our S&C staff and our depth of roster is part of what makes this a championship-caliber team. 

Show this to CDC so he can give Torre Becton a raise

• Hook 'Em 2

Just a quick note on a specific play:  At 11:13 in the 2nd qtr, Hawkins rolls right after being flushed out by Burke.  Burke doesn't give up on the play, attempting to chase Hawkins down after he sheds the block.  He realizes he isn't going to be able to wrap him up, so he dives and throws his arm into the backside of Hawkins so hard you can hear the slap.  To Hawkins' credit he didn't go down, but I guarantee you he felt it and woke up this morning with a bruise the size of Big Tex!  Seemingly everyone on this team is bought in and playing hard through the whistle.

Edited by bourbasted
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, GoHorns1 said:

Remember when dumb Texas fans wanted to fire the entire Texas defensive coaching staff 3 years ago.

Negative Nancies and Trolls of Epic Proportions wanted to fire PK and staff.

PEOPLE?  not so much

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 4thandFive said:

THREE touchdowns given up in 6 games is nuts. I don’t care who you’ve played.

That said, Texas has to come with that defense every week. Georgia and Beck can stress it. 

My favorite play of yesterday? When Texas’ D stayed out there and didn’t let OU have a garbage time TD.

and 2 of those 3 TDs came in garbage time

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Nathan Larson said:

Who would have really thought that we would have the #1 defense at the beginning of the year. I thought we would good but not this.

It will be interesting to see how they hold up against Georgia next week. Beck is hot and they have a talented roster on both sides of the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This defense is certainly elite. I would love to see it tested through the air against a good qb with good weapons, which may not come until the playoffs or SEC title game. BUT anyone can see this team flies around on d & gets after it. Something we have not seen for a long time here on the 40.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Oury said:

Let’s see how we do next week. This will be our first real test. 🤘

Exactly! I like our defense but still don’t trust they’re going to be this good through the SEC schedule. Absolutely agree we need to have a great showing against Georgia and really dominate Vandy too. Pavia and Vandy, as outrageous as this might sound, might be the most difficult offense to stop we have left besides Georgia (Arkansas could be tough too)! What weird twilight zone are we in sheesh!

55 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

Exactly! I like our defense but still don’t trust they’re going to be this good through the SEC schedule. Absolutely agree we need to have a great showing against Georgia and really dominate Vandy too. Pavia and Vandy, as outrageous as this might sound, might be the most difficult offense to stop we have left besides Georgia (Arkansas could be tough too)! What weird twilight zone are we in sheesh!

True, but you must admit that Mississippi State scored 3 TDs against UGA.  Our 3 came in 6 games and we played MS.

Of course, it's all a process.  That's what makes this so fun.  Injuries and official's calls can change everything, but I still like our chances.

Oh, and UGA best not injure Quinn if they know what's good for them.  Arch will make them pay.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hashtag said:

I think this might be the fastest defense Texas has ever fielded.

At first read I chuckled and thought "no way", but Simmons, Hill, Moore, and Gbenda call all really run.  I don't think these guys are faster than 2005, but they are close.  I hope one of the football geeks does a comparison. 😉

11 hours ago, bourbasted said:

That’s been people’s excuses for the last 6 weeks. “Texas hasn’t played anybody” but  that’s all denial that the giant called Texas has awoken. 

• Hook 'Em 2