By The Numbers + Snap Counts | Red River Shootout 2024

• Moderators

At the end of the day, the Texas Longhorns are 6–0 and the No. 1 team in the country.

But let's take a look at how the Longhorns were able to pull off the 34–3 victory over the Oklahoma Sooners. 

197.7 miles

The distance the Golden Hat will travel back to Austin from the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. 

Had to throw that one in there.

Defensive Snap Counts

Out of 72 possible snaps.

• 65 – Jahdae Barron
  • 58 – Jaylon Guilbeau
  • 55 – Malik Muhammad
  • 47 – Jelani McDonald
  • 41 – Anthony Hill Jr., Trey Moore, Alfred Collins
  • 38 – Liona Lefau
  • 35 – Michael Taaffe
  • 34 – Barryn Sorrell
  • 32 – Vernon Broughton
  • 29 – Jermayne Lole
  • 27 – Colin Simmons, David Gbenda
  • 24 – Gavin Holmes
  • 22 – Andrew Mukuba, Derek Williams Jr.
  • 18 – Jordon Johnson-Rubell, Kobe Black
  • 17 – Alex January, Colton Vasek
  • 16 – Ethan Burke, Justice Finkley
  • 15 – Bill Norton
  • 12 – Ty'Anthony Smith
  • 6 – Aaron Bryant

– A couple surprises with the safety unit, I suppose it leads to Texas not playing as much two-high against a team that could not throw the football. However, Jelani McDonald's 47 snaps were the most he has logged this season.

– Colton Vasek's 17 snaps were also the most he has seen this season, a sign that the staff is giving him a longer leash as well.

– Shoutout to Liona Lefau for a really impressive game as well.

Jahdae Barron PFF Grade

Texas DB Jahdae Barron has been spectacular this season in coverage, run support and every other facet of the game on the defensive side of the ball.

Barron has a PFF grade of 87.3, which is the highest grade of any cornerback in the country with >200 snaps this year.

Offensive Snap Count

Out of 64 offensive snaps on Saturday.

• 64 – Kelvin Banks, Cam Williams, Hayden Conner, Quinn Ewers, Jake Majors
  • 62 – Gunnar Helm
  • 60 – Matthew Golden
  • 47 – DJ Campbell
  • 36 – Ryan Wingo, DeAndre Moore
  • 33 – Tre Wisner
  • 27 – Jaydon Blue
  • 21 – Juan Davis
  • 19 – Isaiah Bond
  • 17 – Cole Hutson
  • 13 – Silas Bolden
  • 5 – Jerrick Gibson
  • 4 – Ryan Niblett, Johntay Cook

Within the Game

– 50% of Texas' offensive drives resulted in points, one of their lowest outputs of the season.

– Oklahoma was 4/15 on third down attempts.

– Texas has 11 sacks in the last two games.

– Time of Possession:

• Oklahoma: 32:07
  • Texas: 27:53
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, LonghornLegends said:

So what exactly is going on with J Cook? Just curious just plain getting out played and out produced? Was really hoping for a break out year for him! 

Appears to be the case. Who are you taking off the field?

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, LonghornLegends said:

So what exactly is going on with J Cook? Just curious just plain getting out played and out produced? Was really hoping for a break out year for him! 

1. Don’t drop sure-fire touchdowns.

2. As CJ wrote, who are you taking off the field?

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

I remember the days ( decade+) that Texas didn’t have the luxury of sitting a starting caliber Wr because of one drop.  Must be a great motivation tool. 

@CJ Vogel I know Trey Moore hasn’t been splashy like we were expecting but seems like people are overall happy with his results. Hate to ask but could we get an idea of how the transfers are performing so far to what your expectations were for them or at least the big 5 (Mukuba, Moore, Bond, Gooden and Bolden)?

6 minutes ago, ERShorn said:

I remember the days ( decade+) that Texas didn’t have the luxury of sitting a starting caliber Wr because of one drop.  Must be a great motivation tool. 

Hopefully he stays for next season because he, Moore and Wingo should be nasty. Manning will love throwing that deep ball

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Yeah that’s fair, I was just hoping for him to step up but I definitely think with the skill sets of other receivers and D. Moore playing like J Whitt it makes sense. I feel like there’s a good chance he transfers especially with him being overtaken already and even more talent coming into the program.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chop said:

@CJ Vogel I know Trey Moore hasn’t been splashy like we were expecting but seems like people are overall happy with his results. Hate to ask but could we get an idea of how the transfers are performing so far to what your expectations were for them or at least the big 5 (Mukuba, Moore, Bond, Gooden and Bolden)?

Bond - exceeded

Golden - far exceeded

Moore - wanting to see more

Bolden - wanting to see more

Lole - has been just fine

Savea - redshirting 

Niblack - redshirting

Norton - has been fine

Mukuba - has been very good 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, ERShorn said:

He doesn't have the YAC ability everyone else does. It's really that simple. If on top of that he is the only guy dropping passes, well.

• Hook 'Em 1