Bobby, your comments on Banks

Orngblud05

This morning on C&F, You said he gave up one sack, which wasn’t his fault, so his draft grade would not be impacted by that.  Not sure on his draft grade but the man Banks was responsible for sacked Quinn 3 times. The one Quinn didn’t step up in to the pocket that you referenced.  One where he did step up and kind of stepped in to Banks man. And a 3rd where Mykel Williams got the strip sack in the 4th quarter. 

I said it Monday, and maybe I’m wrong, but the focused energy on Quinn’s poor performance isn’t entirely fair.  Banks, 3 sacks. Wisners drop. Robersons hold(s).  On and on. Quinn did not play great, but crosshairs on him isn’t entirely fair. 

I will say you backed off it a bit this morning after Sarks presser so that’s good on you  

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Orngblud05 said:

This morning on C&F, You said he gave up one sack, which wasn’t his fault, so his draft grade would not be impacted by that.  Not sure on his draft grade but the man Banks was responsible for sacked Quinn 3 times. The one Quinn didn’t step up in to the pocket that you referenced.  One where he did step up and kind of stepped in to Banks man. And a 3rd where Mykel Williams got the strip sack in the 4th quarter. 

I said it Monday, and maybe I’m wrong, but the focused energy on Quinn’s poor performance isn’t entirely fair.  Banks, 3 sacks. Wisners drop. Robersons hold(s).  On and on. Quinn did not play great, but crosshairs on him isn’t entirely fair. 

I will say you backed off it a bit this morning after Sarks presser so that’s good on you  

That was the worst quarterbacked game since Hudson Card vs Arkansas. 

You don’t understand how sacks are attributed and that’s okay. 

• Hook 'Em 9

20 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

That was the worst quarterbacked game since Hudson Card vs Arkansas. 

You don’t understand how sacks are attributed and that’s okay. 

Go watch the 4th quarter sack when 13 blows past banks causing the strip and tell me how that’s on Quinn

you get no arguments from me on him playing poorly but I would strongly disagree that was as bad as Card. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Such is the life of QB1. He also shouldn’t require people around him to be perfect so he can look competent. He had his opportunities on Saturday, he didn’t make good on most of them outside of the third quarter. 

As much as anything, this is where I come out.

In the SEC, QBs are going to have to perform with a dirty pocket. Quinn did not, not against OU or Georgia. But he did against Michigan.

So which one is the real Quinn? Probably somewhere in the middle.

Another important role of the QB is to not make bad situations worse. I felt like Quinn did not do a good job of that either.

In all, there's blame to go around everywhere, including Kelvin Banks, including Quinn Ewers, including Sark. The offense did NOT execute well. That must change if Texas wants to make the CFP.

• Hook 'Em 7

The right side of the line had the bad PFF grades. Banks LT wasn't perfect but he did really well and got a high grade. Banks will be drafted very high for good reasons after going against elite edges and pass blocking very well for 3 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, horns96 said:

How did PFF grade Banks and OL? Haven’t seen that posted in all the discussion of what unit was responsible for what… 

( 83.4 )Good grade. He battled and gave NFL type time to the QB.  I don’t think his grade suffers for that. Especially when facing another NFL talent.  The one he gave up was the strip sack near the end of the game (that was Banks getting beat around the edge).  The other two were self sack.  

Edited by Austalgia
  • Hook 'Em 1

83.4 grade from PFF  in a game against that level of NFL talent and in a game where the offensive line gave up that many sacks shows just how solid Banks was in his assignments.  And that those sacks were far more on the QB not stepping up or and holding onto the ball too long as opposed to Banks getting whipped.  

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Jerky said:

The right side of the line had the bad PFF grades. Banks LT wasn't perfect but he did really well and got a high grade. Banks will be drafted very high for good reasons after going against elite edges and pass blocking very well for 3 years. 

Anyone have the PFF grades for rest of OL? They’re behind a paywall.

• Moderators
On 10/22/2024 at 11:26 AM, horns96 said:

How did PFF grade Banks and OL? Haven’t seen that posted in all the discussion of what unit was responsible for what… 

PFF grades vs. Georgia:

• LT Kelvin Banks: 81.7 pass block grade, 1 sack and 2 pressures allowed
  • LG Hayden Conner: 79.4 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 2 pressures allowed
  • C Jake Majors: 82.0 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 1 pressure allowed
  • RG DJ Campbell: 84.5 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 0 pressures allowed (42 pass block reps)
  • RG Cole Hutson: 45.8 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 2 pressures allowed (21 pass block reps)
  • RT Cam Williams: 55.5 pass block grade, 1 sack and 5 pressures allowed
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/22/2024 at 10:21 AM, Orngblud05 said:

You have been trying to beat this drum over and over. Anywhere you can. It is flat. Quinn needs the crosshairs. The things that need to be fixed are on Quinn, first and foremost. Banks rated out at 83.4 PFF against NFL caliber players. Quinn’s PFF 40.3. You can keep arguing, but it’s not facts. It’s feelings. The facts are Quinn has issues that have regressed since Michigan. 

27 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

PFF grades vs. Georgia:

• RG DJ Campbell: 84.5 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 0 pressures allowed (42 pass block reps)
  • RG Cole Hutson: 45.8 pass block grade, 0 sacks and 2 pressures allowed (21 pass block reps)

Thanks, CJ! 

• Hook 'Em 1

They know more than me but never understood where Bobby and Gerry think Cam is a hig draft pick this year, assuming its solely based on  measurables because his  tape and football IQ don't show it so far.  Hope he picks it up or give Baker a shot, his penalties are really hurting drives, the one after the targetting call was killer on first down. last week.  

Edited by Derek Handler

2 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

PFF grades vs. Georgia:

Where are the other 5 sacks and 16 QB pressures? Do the not count if the guys didn’t actually block them? I understand one was on a CB blitz but the other 6 looked like someone should’ve been responsible on the o-line…