Monday: No Big 12 Teams on Future Schedule

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Great news, thanks for passing it on to us Bobby

Happy to do it.

BTW - this weekend was the last that Texas will play an event at TCU in any sport for a while. Texas women's basketball put it on the Horned Frogs.

TCU is not the problem here, but it's an interesting mark in time.

• Hook 'Em 3

With a 12 team playoff every year now, I'd rather continue playing one OOC game against a top/blue blood program. Probably gives us an edge heading into conference play and it's always good for Texas to continue to play marquis games. 2 losses is still almost a guaranteed playoff spot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As with everyone else, I'm in total agreement.

The other Big 12 schools keep talking trash about how they're glad Texas is leaving the conference.  That's great, no more Texas on the schedule and see how your attendance (which includes ticket sales, hotel bookings, restaurant patrons, etc. do).

In addition to football, pretty much every other sport's attendance is spiked when Texas comes to town (as the good guy or bad guy) like the volleyball team.  It's always a packed house when the Longhorns come to play.

• Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Bevo4480 said:

Do you think there any chance that the Texas / texas a&m game gets moved back to the day after Thanksgiving?  Hook 'Em 🤘

That's not the current plan.

How about on Thanksgiving Day? Though I think the NFL has basically overwhelmed that day.

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

That's not the current plan.

How about on Thanksgiving Day? Though I think the NFL has basically overwhelmed that day.

Yeah, the NFL used to leave Thanksgiving night to the colleges but not any more.  I doubt the SEC wants to compete directly with the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Rig 12 stuck it to us with officiating, scheduling, really any way they could.  I am really glad that we are not ignoring that behavior like we did when aTm bailed on us, and blamed everything on us.  I would like to see us avoid that conference at every available opportunity for as long as possible.

Edited by cochamps
  • Hook 'Em 1

Texas made their own bed between 2010 and 2023, but it did us no favors to play in the Big 12, especially after NU/CU/TAMU left. 

Every conference game outside of OU was a lose/lose scenario. Texas wins? "blah, they SHOULD win" Texas loses? "hahaha, pathetic". 

Beating Texas was a massive deal for our opponents. The opposing head coach gets an immediate boost, no matter how good or bad their season was. Beating Texas was  vital for their recruiting efforts. Every team had a chip on their shoulder against us and we had very little desire to fire back, even when we sucked. Also we had to play in high end HS stadiums in cities/towns that aren't really desirable for most Texas fans to attend. 

Texas sucking for over a decade was the lifeblood for a lot of our Big 12 opponents' success. They thrived off of us, and us beating these teams didn't provide that much joy or excitement. 

Screw 'em all. Good riddance. 

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

Yeah, the NFL used to leave Thanksgiving night to the colleges but not any more.  I doubt the SEC wants to compete directly with the NFL.

Does ESPN have NFL on TH?  Seems like would be a better draw to have Texas playing that night vs. Egg Bowl.  I miss those Thanksgiving games, were the best.  

Just now, Derek Handler said:

Does ESPN have NFL on TH?  Seems like would be a better draw to have Texas playing that night vs. Egg Bowl.  I miss those Thanksgiving games, were the best.  

No, typically it's the same as a Sunday:  Fox and CBS during the day, NBC at night.

Bobby, any chance that you can more details and reactions on the pending complete separation between Texas and the b12? What did they think would happen?Any b12 remorse? What is 0u's stance/position? Do the remainders have the same hate for 0u? Which teams were the biggest, loudest squeakers, and which were respectful? What say the new schools coming into the b12? Any Yormark/Weiser follow-up? (Apology or double down)

This could be an interesting essay on 'burning bridges'.

I just discovered this site from "Coffee and Football".

GREAT JOB! 

The Ninth Random One

\HOOK'EM/

Edited by Random9