Update on Jabbar Muhammad - Tuesday 12:19pm

Sources tell On Texas Football that Jabbar Muhammad is likely favoring Oregon at this moment. Muhammad, a Washington transfer and second-team All-Pac 12 selection in 2023, visited Texas last week. He then visited Alabama over the weekend.

But Oregon is expected to host him this week and the Ducks have gone from a major player in this recruitment to his potential leader.

Muhammad is expected to make a decision by no later than Jan. 30.

The Longhorns have already inked eight players in the NCAA transfer portal, the latest coming earlier today from Tiaoalii Savea, a 6-foot-4, 305-pound defensive tackle from Arizona.

View full news

• Sad 3

Bobby, I am a very optimistic guy… to a fault sometimes, but  I never felt very confident about Muhammad landing here. I hope I’m wrong and would gladly eat crow in this situation. I just felt a different vibe from him, much different than I did with our current portal commits. Almost more like a social visit here. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, K. Baughman said:

Bobby, I am a very optimistic guy… to a fault sometimes, but  I never felt very confident about Muhammad landing here. I hope I’m wrong and would gladly eat crow in this situation. I just felt a different vibe from him, much different than I did with our current portal commits. Almost more like a social visit here. 

Oregon has been just as aggressive in the portal as Texas, if not slightly more so. Think Dillon Gabriel and Evan Stewart among others.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bobby Burton said:

Oregon has been just as aggressive in the portal as Texas, if not slightly more so. Think Dillon Gabriel and Evan Stewart among others.

This is very true about Oregon. Just felt he was not as interested in Texas as most thought. Maybe he is hiding his hand really well and he is a Longhorn before long.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Sources tell On Texas Football that Jabbar Muhammad is likely favoring Oregon at this moment. Muhammad, a Washington transfer and second-team All-Pac 12 selection in 2023, visited Texas last week. He then visited Alabama over the weekend.

But Oregon is expected to host him this week and the Ducks have gone from a major player in this recruitment to his potential leader.

Muhammad is expected to make a decision by no later than Jan. 30.

The Longhorns have already inked eight players in the NCAA transfer portal, the latest coming earlier today from Tiaoalii Savea, a 6-foot-4, 305-pound defensive tackle from Arizona.

View full news

When he left to see Alabama and then Oregon, I didn't like Texas chances - especially with the depth charts at the other schools looking easier for him to stay on the field. This may be a time where all of the rotating of DBs comes back to bite Sark. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Does he really think going to Oregon over playing in the SEC will help improve his draft stock? Bit of an odd one for me. NIL has to be in play here too.

With that said, I think their secondary is going to be a pleasant surprise next year. Muhammad would have been the cherry on top, though.

• Hook 'Em 3