Big 12 Tournament: No. 7 Texas vs. No. 10 Kansas State

I don’t get why Texas isn’t a 7 when just about every metric has Texas inside the top 25. Heck they are a borderline 6 by that measure. 

I don’t get it but yeah we need to get a 7 seed. That would give Texas a chance to reach the sweet 16. Texas isn’t beating a 1 seed in the 2nd round.

Texas has beaten KStete and didn’t play well. They could have beaten Iowa St if not for an atrocious 1st half. 

Edited by CoachBobbyFinstock
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

I don’t get why Texas isn’t a 7 when just about every metric has Texas inside the top 25. Heck they are a borderline 6 by that measure. 

I don’t get it but yeah we need to get a 7 seed. That would give Texas a chance to reach the sweet 16. Texas isn’t beating a 1 seed in the 2nd round.

Texas has beaten KStete and didn’t play well. They could have beaten Iowa St if not for an atrocious 1st half. 

I agree. This team should be a 7 if they win tonight, regardless of what happens against Iowa State. Hard to make an argument that a team like Washington State or Dayton should be seeded ahead of Texas, considering the key metrics the committee is supposed to look at.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

OU is going to have a decision to make on Porter Moser. I thought he would win there but it just isn't working and he apparently isn't the easiest guy to work with or play for. 

Just me, but I think he's a very good coach ... OU needs to get serious in the NIL game in hoops to have the best shot moving forward. 

I'm interested to see is Porter actually sticks with OU too ... it's one arm behind ones back vs. the expectations if OU isn't fully invested in hoops NIL IMO. 

40 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Did you see the Shaun Rogers interview on Coffee & Football this morning!!!

Just finished it!  Was logging on just to say what a great episode!  Y’all are killing it!

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Just me, but I think he's a very good coach ... OU needs to get serious in the NIL game in hoops to have the best shot moving forward. 

I'm interested to see is Porter actually sticks with OU too ... it's one arm behind ones back vs. the expectations if OU isn't fully invested in hoops NIL IMO. 

Fair. The commitment to basketball at OU is way behind. I believe they are trying to build a new arena, too.

9 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

IMO, Texas won't limit Disu tonight or against Iowa State if the Horns play Thursday. Those are the go get 'em games. 

Plays into the last Q ... I don't think Texas will move any higher than a 7 seed even if they win the Big 12 Tournament. Doesn't mean I would agree with it, but it's just unlikely with everything else in CBK taking place in terms of conference tournaments/results. 

Agree.  Ceiling is a 7 seed. I wouldn’t go for it personally, unless Hunter and Abmas just go off. Not risking Disu if it’s me

23 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Oof! Not a good time to loss. We’ll be stuck with terry for at least another year. 

Meh. All that matters is the big dance. Win one and I’m happy. Win two and I’m ecstatic. I don’t care much about this L. Plus need Disu and Brock as close to 100% as possible

24 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Oof! Not a good time to loss. We’ll be stuck with terry for at least another year. 

This hire was forced on CDC and we all understand that. It always had to run its course, I suspect 25/2026 will be his last. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

What’s the answer when Disu has four fouls?

There isn't one on this team is Tyrese Hunter is a no show IMO.

Texas' only chance to maximize is if Abmas/Disu play well, and Hunter give you something.

Hunter has been a wildly inconsistent player for a third year starting guard.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

Fair. The commitment to basketball at OU is way behind. I believe they are trying to build a new arena, too.

I feel like they have under achieved relative to their talent.   I just don't think he's a good game day coach.   His teams tend to play undisciplined at critical moments instead playing to their strengths.  But if I were them I would not start over yet.   Give him another year.