Jump to content

Thanos72

Supporters
  • Posts

    1019
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thanos72

  1. I won’t call this team mentally tough until we play smart and strong for 4 quarters. We were awful for almost 3 quarters. We looked confused on defense multiple times and the offense took almost 3 quarters to overcome 2 early plays. The heat and dumb coaching from osu won this game. We were capable enough to pull it together late but we were the opposite of mentally tough for most of the game. Arch maybe struggles the most and he inherited that Eli look that is the absolute opposite of mental toughness. He is still too uneven emotionally. If he fixes this, he’ll unlock his ceiling. People say he needs to be knocked around or “desperate” before he dials in. That’s a bug, not a feature. I’m a big fan as he seems like a good kid but he has not demonstrated consistent mental toughness and it impacts the team. Maybe last week’s 4th quarter turned a light on for him. Beat the ‘Runners 🤘🏽
  2. Love it. Remove the rock and they’re aren’t any ripples! 💯
  3. But he isn’t. He represents much more than himself at this point and is paid well by multiple sponsors to do so. They can’t be men on the field since they take NIL but a kid off it. He is THE brand. That alone changes everything(if we put everything else to the side). I agree some idiots are making it personal with him and that’s completely unacceptable. He made an immature mistake rather than reveal who he is. That’s nonsense. None of us are the whole of what comes out of our mouths. Often, not even a part. 🤘🏽
  4. Thank you for asking. Not saying you. Imo, it’s veiled misogyny when we throw out what if it were reversed. I dont care much for non funny. Kick in the nuts isn’t funny. If they portrayed cup checking him like men have down for years, it might be funny as it’s taking a “fun” act and applying it. In general, most men aren’t walking around fearful of women physically so it’s not analogous. To your point, more reason to just avoid violence between sexes. The current gif is one that many women have had to endure so it is very tone deaf. Is it worth the coverage it’s gotten in relation to arch being a bad dude? I don’t think so. Did he get a great early life lesson about his visibility and the weight( it shouldn’t imo) he carries. I think so. Starting qb of one of the largest brands in the world simply can’t take moments off. He accepted this when he came here. Have a great day!
  5. Two things can be true. In general, we a much more politically correct environment that we live. People are binary in thought now and days which erodes reason, nuance, and ultimately communication. He made a mistake. Violence of a man against a woman is rarely funny. This has nothing to do with soft. The topic of a joke has always rightfully mattered. Interestingly, you’re talking about soft while seemingly being hurt/bothered by a young man demonstrating accountability. That’s leadership and role modeling. Good on him! 🤘🏽
  6. Or, it is the respectful and honorable thing to do. I’m proud he put something out and I imagine his family wasn’t keen that he said what he did. The gif wasn’t even particularly funny. It was aggressive, not witty and I have a very broad humor spectrum. Lot of men on here without daughters or empathy I guess. Read the twitter reactions “defending” Arch. Misogynistic and awful. While it is a joke, there were a million different means to mock it without showing a man hitting a woman. For those saying and liking, the we’re soft comment, when was it okay to joke about hitting women? I’m Gen X and we’d knock a dude out if he touched a woman( I recognize the irony).It’s lazy and disingenuous to say this falls under soft or woke. It falls under dignity, respect, and grace regardless of the era. Learned a ton about several you today. Too bad. btw, I think Arch is genuinely a good kid. I hope he learns from this. He might not support this kind of violence but many of the twitter responses sure as heck seem to…
  7. What is your perspective as it seems you have a different one. I didn’t see a post from you on this topic. @LonghornFan4Ever
  8. I think we are over selling the line’s arrival at this point. We were meh game 1. Robertson still can’t displace (well, we simply don’t push people off regularly) and we had several whiffs. Comparing to last year or highlighting 1 strong quarter out of 8 isn’t the litmus. That’s the lowest bar. Our best running also coincided with a worn out defense. We don’t have a feel for osu’s dline yet in 2026 to know what we measured against. Exponentially better than last year but people still greatly underestimate how poorly we played. It was bad. Not average or slightly under. Adding Cole didn’t make it even average, it simply stopped the unfettered sieve. It is encouraging to be sure and I’m super excited to learn their mean vs their floor/ceiling but it’s too emphatic and/or declarative an article after game 2. Before the binary folks jump in, we could have had a tougher game and it’d still be too early. By ou we should know who we are. 🤘🏽
  9. We didn’t play or look like a number 1 but It only matters if we have a bunch of cheese eaters on the team. Strategically, it’s a nice cushion/start for playoff positioning.
  10. I know we aren’t allowed to use the f word but if he hasn’t updated his slide protections or disguised term better, the elite teams will take advantage. I hope champ pointed out the ol call tendencies to help. We still get very little push upfield. We patty cake which stinks for runs but why we’re decent at pass blocking.
  11. That guy whined on national tv supporting LSU indirectly.
  12. Lane would have to go imho. Every stop he’s made an 🫏 of himself and the school. I think it’d be a great, if not small, societal signal if one single person/entity would be held to account. They/he won’t. Money won’t allow it. Imperative we beat them in year one. 🤘🏽
  13. Thank you @Bobby Burton I meant it was them talking about the ads vs the “national” stuff in case it makes a difference. I surely wasn’t pointing fingers but I also wasn’t clear enough. 🤘🏽
  14. I’m happy the site is thriving. I use podcasts for hands free things like exercising, unemployment bring, etc. This podcast 21:15. Ads: 10 mins. Mostly Jeff and Blake. I don’t begrudge the site making money as I benefit from what you put into it. I’m mood and betting fatigued but mostly it’s unlistenable regardless of the product when half a podcast is not content. Having to have my phone in hand to constantly move ahead to get to the content defeats the purpose of listening. Can they be at the beginning and end so at some point we get uninterrupted content rather than multiple lengthy interruptions?
  15. Ahh. Damn algorithms.
  16. At the end of the day, they know the brand that matters… I’m in Ga so it’s not a regional thing.
  17. He learned very well and received $91M. He is America today. Grift and move. Don’t worry, the lemmings will pay. Today, we idolize money before all so as long as you appeal to the money folks, you’re fine. Long gone are healthy shame and thoughtful consciousness. Facts and integrity be damned. Loyalty? How much for it? Sports is simply catching up to the rest of the country, exacerbated by the ruse of NIL. Money just needed a way in. Sincerely,
  18. Zero chance Cody doesn’t hire Lane now.
  19. I thought this but with a rb draw to the other side
  20. No person walks on water and it’d be great if those that didn’t appreciate her just stayed away. Are we so lost as a society that we can’t have a single positive or acknowledgment thread for a person that dedicated 40 years of their life to UT? It’s okay to have grace, every opinion doesn’t have to be shared, and we’re all a little better off heeding thumper’s mom.
  21. Well, Sankey may be losing the marketing battle to the big10 but isn’t his background compliance? He might be this perfect person for this part of the transition into some semblance of sanity.
  22. They’ll be much better the last year. Their ol rivaled ours for impotency but they’ll be much better. They have TEs now so we can’t completely ignore them like last year. I’m not a mateer fan but he can play well enough to beat us. Add in Rod’s statistical fact and we simply don’t beat both rivals very often in succession. Also, there’s zero doubt we have been their off season focus. They have to stop this slide.
  23. It’s self don’t careness. Once you turn the corner he has, the persona envelopes the person.
  24. Top 3 most annoying coaches and this was long before we played them. For no known reason, nails on chalkboard when I hear or see him. Lol Good read.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.