Jump to content

Jordan Scruggs

Moderators
  • Posts

    1883
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jordan Scruggs

  1. Texas QB commit Ty Knutson in Smithson Valley's 47-14 win over Sotomayor last night
  2. Would love to see Texas play USC, Miami, or Colorado. Saying CU just because I've been to Boulder a bunch and love that stadium and campus
  3. Every time I see this guy's name I think of the Ricky Bobby scene "He's got two first names!" But this guy has 3!
  4. Imagine saying that Quinn and T-Law would be in the same QB room in 2020
  5. Probably 2 or 3. Nick Mullens was the 2 and and Carter Bradley the 3 prior to the trade.
  6. Even worse than it looks on TV
  7. Visited Texas once but never seriously considered UT. Ended up choosing USC over Ohio State. Everyone expected it to be Ohio State then it turned into a bidding war and USC wasn’t gonna lose that just like they weren’t gonna lose a lot of other recruitments in 2026. Gonna be interesting to watch them this year with so many young players but it’s entertaining for sure. They could be really good in a year or two. I do think they’ll need a portal QB tho, I don’t like the other guys on the roster behind Maiva
  8. No. 4 the true freshman WR that’s balling for USC is Emmett Mosley’s little brother Trent Mosley
  9. He’s a good player. Saw him for the first time on Thursday. Definitely a college guy, could play P4 ball, but not sure about Texas-level. I know he has a good track profile, but the field speed and twitchiness didn’t really jump out like the guys Texas usually recruits at WR. Would be curious to see him at S/LB. and he camped at Texas May 31 and is teammates with Camara so Texas is aware of him.
  10. Prepare to pay $15 for parking. They're on it today. This is the first time in my life I've been charged to park at a game I was covering
  11. He better get some big NIL deals one day
  12. Back at No. 1 on all three. But who the hell is LonghornRagan? Props to them It took me several tries on all three categories to get back to the No. 1 spot
  13. https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lane-kiffin-lsu-nfl-players-college-football-eligibility-loophole/
  14. Hutson is believed to be good to go and should be able play for the Longhorns this fall
  15. He will have a chance but he'd truly have to go nuclear. He already checks all the boxes for a high ranking — unreal production, great track times with great football speed, great bloodlines, he loves football, etc. The only holdup is the fact he's 5-foot-7.5/8 and it's hard to project that into the first round of the NFL draft, which is what a five-star ranking means. And the tread on the tires might cause some pause as well. Clyde Edwards-Helaire is the only RB under 5-foot-8 (he was 5-7, 202 at the combine) that's been selected in the first round in the last 20 years. And he went 32 overall and would not go 32 overall again. That's the problem sometimes is the league will miss on a prospect that should've never been taken in the first round so when a different but somewhat similar player (usually in measurements) comes around they feel more convicted in not drafting him round 1. That also works the opposite way when a team hits on a traitsy but raw prospect who ends up "hitting". That then inspires other teams to draft similar prospects because they fall in love with the upside and forget about the bust rate. Jeff makes this point a lot, but this is also kinda what happened with WR recruiting under Mack Brown after he "hit" on Limas Sweed. If someone was to provide hope for LWC being worth a 1st rounder, it'd be Jahmyr Gibbs, who went 12 overall in 2023. Gibbs was 5-9, 199 at the combine and LWC isn't a carbon copy of Gibbs, but he's closer to Gibbs' play style than he is Edwards-Helaire imo. TLDR: We'll see, but I wouldn't expect him to finish in the top 32 as a five-star. He'll likely finish between 33-50 which is where he's at right now. And as much as I love LWC, it's really hard to project as getting drafted ahead of David Gabriel Georges or Kemon Spell who are legitimate freakshows. And like you said, it doesn't really matter. A projected 2nd round pick is still pretty damn good, and if you have to remember how small he is.
  16. Not Gerry, but, while I think it might matter a tiny bit, I don't think it will matter much depending on the $ offer. And I hate to play devil's advocate in this situation, but he's a very personable recruiter and spends more time recruiting as a HC than any other HC in the state.
  17. I'm No. 1 on all three😮‍💨😤
  18. Fun game! Went 10/10 on origin and face but 9/10 on numbers. Forgot Darius Snow was 45
  19. Have really enjoyed working with you man, happy anniversary! YTDown.com_YouTube_GO-DEMARCUS_Media_J8yqh778rW0_001_720p.mov
  20. I understand gambling addictions are a serious problem, but the way they've handled this is disrespectful to people that are gambling addicts or deal with substance abuse or other addictions. Does Tech really send him to rehab if Sorsby's wagers on IU games and other bets aren't discovered? Because Tech didn't find out until Sorsby told them, which just so happened to be after Sorsby's camp found out folks knew about his gambling problem. I'm all for folks getting better, getting the rehab and treatment they need, but man, everything felt so disingenuous about this from the jump.
  21. Can't wait for the veer and shoot off between Tennessee and Auburn
  22. I hate that this is happening but until something is actually enforced this viewpoint will continue to be competitively correct. Not morally correct, but competitively correct. There's millions of dollars on the line.
  23. Per collegefootballdata.com Graphic by Sickos Committee
  24. A look at the Tennessee schedule before Texas comes to Knoxville. GT in Atlanta is the only somewhat challenge. I like Brent Key a lot but don’t know how competitive you can expect them to be with Haynes King gone, Buster Faulkner gone, and several other staffers like Gideon.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.