Jump to content

TTown

Supporters
  • Posts

    912
  • Joined

Everything posted by TTown

  1. So assuming this judge rules in favor of players today, and I assume that . Comes down to LSU really wanting to defy and possibly get all the wrath of the SEC. Hell of a risk to take for all their players, who may end up playing for nothing this year. Surely there is one adult in the room that says nah , not worth it. Same situation as Tech in a lot of ways. Hell I love it though. The penalties will be awesome to watch.
  2. The judge did rule earlier today that only 7 athletes of the 44 have standing in regards to this lawsuit. So a win for SEC there ha! Sankey is there and on the stand as well it seems.
  3. From Dellenger- https://x.com/RossDellenger/status/2095557380574470371?s=20
  4. Figured SEC would go Federal with a lawsuit. Northern Alabama District against LSU, Kiffin , President , AD etc. Here we go!!
  5. Even if LSU gets court relief now, it is a hell of a gamble to play them. Risk vs Reward over 2 players really? They are gambling another Court won't overturn all this eventually. But if so your players will get the rug pulled out by the SEC and the penalties they can impose . Not only on the coach, players , and the University. Then have read the CFP Committee may make teams that play these NFL guys ineligible for the playoffs etc. If that were to ever happen, I truly hope Texas and Hutson deal is definitely okay and worth it. Sneaky suspicion that LSU may back down no matter the ruling tomorrow. But that makes too much sense .
  6. I mean CDC did a good job pushing her aside , yet keeping the peace. But the article states she will still have some role. So not gone yet. Let's see what the role is haha. Just not a fan , but acknowledge her tenure of course. But it's been past time imo.
  7. This is more ridiculous by the day. If a Conference can't enforce rules then what's next. Maybe the CFP will grow a pair and exclude these teams that use these players as well. Believe I read that was being discussed. Hopefully Sankey and other Conferences get into Federal Court and stop this madness.
  8. So guess we have to wait on the new WBB player from Australia to see if she qualifies under these new circumstances . I assume it is okay, but who knows anymore . Everyday is an adventure for sure .
  9. Yeah Vince made mistakes. But Fisher really comes off bad here. And still petty to not answer the letter Vince sent. Overall a pretty good and fair piece. Enjoyed Bo and Lendale as well .
  10. So 16-0 vote. LSU must have a judge up their sleeve still haha. Public vote makes them look better than the slime they are. But I'm sure they will be expecting judicial relief. Still see a showdown coming between the SEC and then.
  11. So what are the penalties though. Big10 can punish HC with lost games and school fines. I'll wait to hear what Sankey is actually willing to do to those that try this. Will see.
  12. In a time where it was hard to be nice and humble, she always managed it well. Even in political times she got her point across respectfully. We will never know all the things she did to help people. Damn shame there aren't more like her. But her works of kindness will go on no doubt. RIP we will always love you!!
  13. Yes Ross Dellenger said it was already planned , but takes on more urgency now. Their Plan B about self governance etc. Guess we will see if they are willing to do more than a statement.
  14. Ha what rules anymore . Except being a former coach I know how strict Texas UIL transfers are , as we have seen lately. My feeling from the Georgia Boards are they aren't too fond of Buford , don't get a lot of kids from there. The NIL deal really only affects big time players. And I can understand wanting to leave Texas to go to a state that allows payments before you enroll at the University. In Texas you can now sign contracts, but no pay until enrollment. Imo that needs to change, but the Coaching lobby so far is against that. Good discussion and we will see.
  15. Everything I have read seems he will be eligible as long as the family does establish residency. Be fun to watch. This isn't Buford's first rodeo at this from what I gather. Will see .
  16. He will be playing in a new 62 million dollar stadium. And going to school at a new 85 million dollar campus as well. Nice facilities to finish your HS career.
  17. Some say it makes it easier for him to graduate there in December. Who knows but he can get NIL $ in Georgia now unlike Texas. So that probably came into play. Plus the UIL would never let him transfer in Texas to help with the December graduation. In Georgia all you have to do is actually live in the zone, no waiting. So I'm sure they got them a place there ready to move in ha!
  18. Man whatever is going on , I feel for his son. He is still on the team as far as I know , and now his Dad threatening to expose stuff etc. Culture test coming early lol. Hopefully just isolated mess if anything. But they all should understand those checks stop once you leave or get dismissed. Oh well another day on the 40 .
  19. Hard to keep up with all the NCAA eligibility requirements. But I assume Ty has to take classes somewhere this fall to stay on track to be eligible for the 27 football season. . But can't portal until Jan? Just wondered since this is a unique case it seems. Doubt he will attend class at UT of course, and the scholarship being gone etc. Sure if somebody wants him they always find a way it seems lol. I mean to get him at their school to be ready for 27 offseason. And no I don't think a judge can help him play in 26 haha. But guess I should never say never !
  20. I can see Texas kicking the tires at a couple of guys. But with these Court decisions, you never know one day to the next . Any addition couldn't help now , but by mid season who knows. Probably ride it out, and do the best with what we have at lb.
  21. Obviously he is gone so really doesn't matter. But being reported elsewhere Sark dismissed him , he didn't actually quit. Be interesting to nail that down, move on, and wish all the best. Treat it like an injury and next youngsters up lol.
  22. I can see kicking the tires on the JMU linebacker. Yeah it's late , but gonna be a long season. Injuries are bound to happen. I would assume this didn't blindside Texas. So maybe they have already been looking just in case. Or they feel confident in the youngsters . That's why they get paid the big bucks 👍
  23. I think Sankey sent out something about the SEC transfer rules being in place regardless of the court decision. So the guys would have to go back to their original teams I think . Who knows , but my $ is on LSU defying everybody 😂
  24. So the good news is it is not season ending. But depending on the severity of the bruise it could be 5-6 weeks . Or less who knows now without more info. Of course he will get the best care so hopefully that timeline is on the lower end. Pretty painful injury though for sure.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.