Brandon Brown post visit scoop (Saturday 7:50 a.m. CST)

• Moderators

Brandon Brown post visit scoop

Texas 4-star defensive line commit Brandon Brown (Melbourne, Fla./Eau Gallie) made his first ever visit to Texas on Friday. 

OnTexasFootball caught up with someone very close to Brown on Saturday morning to get the latest after the visit. 

Nuggets from visit

*Brown was on campus for about 5.5 hours Friday. The visit was originally scheduled to be four hours. 

*Brown's mom, older sister (senior in high school) and best friend made the visit as well. Brown arrived on campus a little before his family did. Brown flew into Austin (California Power 7v7), while his family flew into Houston and drove to Austin. 

*The source said Brandon thought Texas "was better than he thought" it would be. And he went into the visit with high expectations. 

*The source was watching for Brandon's reaction to various things on the visit. The reactions were excitement. Nothing negative. Brandon was said to be comfortable with Texas after the visit. 

*Brown and family spent a lot of time with Kenny Baker, and met with Steve Sarkisian for an extended period of time.

*Kenny Baker had a lengthy presentation for Brown. One of the key point of the presentation was a video cut up of Brown. What impressed Brown and the source was Baker had the "good and bad" of Brown on video. Brandon liked that because it showed Kenny Baker was all about Brandon Brown's development. Coach Baker had a list of technical things he wants Brandon to work on this spring and next season. 

*On Steve Sarkisian, "He's down to earth and family oriented. And I like that.". Coach Sarkisian talked about continuing to build the rapport with Brandon and family. 

*A prevailing thought was everyone on the coaching staff and support staff meshes well together It was a smooth and organized visit. 

*Brandon Brown doesn't turn 17 until May 29. 

Brown and the California Power team will make an unofficial visit to Texas A&M this afternoon/evening. Brown's family will make that visit as well. 

View full news

• Hook 'Em 17

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Horn95 said:

This guy is going to massively outperform his ranking once he gets to campus (just hope it’s Austin). Is he an early enrollee?

Yes he will! I think he's a borderline 5-star for me. 

That's a maybe on EE.

• Hook 'Em 15

1 hour ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Kenny baker seems to be a home run hire . Haven’t heard anything but positive feedback since he was hired.

I had a good feeling about the hire. Sark put together a hell of a staff when he first came to Texas. Got to trust the ol football coach! 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Brandon Brown post visit scoop

Texas 4-star defensive line commit Brandon Brown (Melbourne, Fla./Eau Gallie) made his first ever visit to Texas on Friday. 

OnTexasFootball caught up with someone very close to Brown on Saturday morning to get the latest after the visit. 

Nuggets from visit

*Brown was on campus for about 5.5 hours Friday. The visit was originally scheduled to be four hours. 

*Brown's mom, older sister (senior in high school) and best friend made the visit as well. Brown arrived on campus a little before his family did. Brown flew into Austin (California Power 7v7), while his family flew into Houston and drove to Austin. 

*The source said Brandon thought Texas "was better than he thought" it would be. And he went into the visit with high expectations. 

*The source was watching for Brandon's reaction to various things on the visit. The reactions were excitement. Nothing negative. Brandon was said to be comfortable with Texas after the visit. 

*Brown and family spent a lot of time with Kenny Baker, and met with Steve Sarkisian for an extended period of time.

*Kenny Baker had a lengthy presentation for Brown. One of the key point of the presentation was a video cut up of Brown. What impressed Brown and the source was Baker had the "good and bad" of Brown on video. Brandon liked that because it showed Kenny Baker was all about Brandon Brown's development. Coach Baker had a list of technical things he wants Brandon to work on this spring and next season. 

*On Steve Sarkisian, "He's down to earth and family oriented. And I like that.". Coach Sarkisian talked about continuing to build the rapport with Brandon and family. 

*A prevailing thought was everyone on the coaching staff and support staff meshes well together It was a smooth and organized visit. 

*Brandon Brown doesn't turn 17 until May 29. 

Brown and the California Power team will make an unofficial visit to Texas A&M this afternoon/evening. Brown's family will make that visit as well. 

View full news

I haven’t heard a ton of Coach Baker but the more I hear the more I like him, but we are gonna have to keep fighting to keep Brown committed 

• Hook 'Em 1