Texas Baseball

On 4/10/2024 at 12:54 PM, Jerry K said:

I hear what you’re saying. Again it’s a fair point. My point is Pierce is struggling at being a pitching coach. Last year LBJ was much better.

But whose fault is it that LBJ has lost the break on his breaking balls?  Why is his fastball now flat with little movement?

I think there is something physiologically wrong.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

Just dumb to talk about replacing Pierce until Texas baseball NIL is augmented greatly.  Texas is playing from the lower half in the SEC and that will not lead to success.  No coach will seek the position with a low ball NIL fund in place.

That's BS. CDC will get it done.  This is Pierce's 66-3, he can't recover from this humiliation.

Pierce is the pitching coach.  He chose to enter the season relying on LBJ and Witt as starters.  He's responsible for this mess.

Goodbye and Good Luck.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

Just dumb to talk about replacing Pierce until Texas baseball NIL is augmented greatly.  Texas is playing from the lower half in the SEC and that will not lead to success.  No coach will seek the position with a low ball NIL fund in place.

First part isn’t necessarily true.  They just used most of the fund on retaining mediocre players. Also we’ve played 2 (3 at most) games this year vs teams in a better NIL situation than us. 

Getting bent over by NIL powerhouses Corpus Christi and UT Rio Grande 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, horns96 said:

For anyone just casually following along, Pierce's pitching staff had ELEVEN walks and hit NINE batters in a single game.  

Last night was bad. Those nine hit batters was only one shy of the D1 NCAA record according to Rod Babers. I’ve been watching Longhorn baseball (that I can remember) for over 30 years and I don’t ever remember seeing as bad a pitching performance as I saw last night. 

And it’s not likely to get better. TCU is struggling but I’ll be shocked if they don’t sweep this weekend. Then OU is the following weekend and that looks like another sweep. The last 3 in the conference don’t make the Big 12 tournament in this years format. That is almost certainly their last hope of making the NCAA tournament at this point unless something drastic changes. 

Edited by Jerry K
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2024 at 10:55 AM, Blake Munroe said:

Haha. Well... Not one of my prouder moments but I was in full fan mode and, at the time, not covering Texas. 

Horns vs Tennessee @ CWS in 2021. I had seats VERY close to the Tennessee dugout. Tennessee fans and coaches were already heated and I was stoking the fire after a few beers and days in the sun. 

One of their assistants, Ross Kivett, was ejected from the game. I started yelling loudly and waving bye to him. They didn't take very kindly to it. He clearly saw me do it and wasn't happy. It was very quick. He was mad. I kept on heckling. We won.

Love this 

10 hours ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

This is simply false. I already ran through this nonsense with CJ Vogel a few weeks ago. Is Texas baseball NIL on LSU's level? No, no one is. Stating that Texas is lower half of the SEC is either ignorantly spreading false information or purposely offering up misinformation. Not sure which is on you, but it one or the other, sorry. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

This is a false narrative. While it might not be the highest in the SEC, it's competitive.  Maybe Terry can give up some of his since he doesn't know how to build a roster either.  

1 hour ago, Derek Handler said:

This is a false narrative. While it might not be the highest in the SEC, it's competitive.  

You miss the point.  Texas baseball NIL is in the lower half of SEC baseball NIL.  It is very insufficient in attracting too tier players, especially pitchers.  

Wake up, the baseball coffee has been brewed, but not by Texas.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

You miss the point.  Texas baseball NIL is in the lower half of SEC baseball NIL.  It is very insufficient in attracting too tier players, especially pitchers.  

Wake up, the baseball coffee has been brewed, but not by Texas.

I already addressed your ignorance upthread. You appear too spineless to respond. Get a grip with your weak BS and whining, clown. 

Edited by closetojumping