Texas Baseball

47 minutes ago, Jerry K said:

I respectfully disagree. LBJ has (or had) one of the best sliders/cutters in the game as a secondary pitch. When they played LSU earlier this season their head coach referred to LBJ as one of the best pitchers in the country. 

It's definitely had....you don't have a pitch if you can't consistently hit said pitch. That's why the initial comment of just a fastball was warranted.

3 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

It's definitely had....you don't have a pitch if you can't consistently hit said pitch. That's why the initial comment of just a fastball was warranted.

I hear what you’re saying. Again it’s a fair point. My point is Pierce is struggling at being a pitching coach. Last year LBJ was much better.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:55 AM, Blake Munroe said:

I’ve had a lot of people ask me who I’d go after if I had the opportunity. Thinking on that today. I’ll post a list this afternoon. 

Blake changing the subject a little. Do you know what the new schedule looks like for today with Texas having to finish up the 9th inning from last night? How does that impact the originally scheduled start time?

Thanks!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jerry K said:

Blake changing the subject a little. Do you know what the new schedule looks like for today with Texas having to finish up the 9th inning from last night? How does that impact the originally scheduled start time?

Thanks!

They'll finish Game 1 at 6:00 PM and Game 2 will start at 7:00 PM. If you have a ticket to game 2 tonight, they'll let you in early to watch the conclusion of the first one!

Just now, Blake Munroe said:

They'll finish Game 1 at 6:00 PM and Game 2 will start at 7:00 PM. If you have a ticket to game 2 tonight, they'll let you in early to watch the conclusion of the first one!

Thank you sir! 🤘

• Moderators
10 hours ago, NoDakHornsFan said:

@Blake Munroe You’re very level headed when it comes to Texas Baseball, if Texas misses postseason or gies 0-2 in regionals do you think Pierce is back?

Ask me after Sunday’s game (or today’s if they lose). I think if Pierce kept winning Big 12 series, he would be back. However, they just lost the series to BYU. Now, they start off the Houston series getting SMOKED. Not only that, getting smoked by the worst team in the conference. 

I think the wheels have fallen off, ladies and gentlemen. This wasn’t a 4-3 type of game. You got absolutely dominated by a terrible team. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Realist Horn said:

Start the coaching search - make calls, who cares if it’s a bad look while a coach is still employed. He’s lost this team. 

Dear CDC,

Please start with the list I posted in this thread. 

Thanks!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/10/2024 at 6:06 AM, Blake Munroe said:

Just realized I never pressed “Submit” after typing it out and revisiting this thread just now. 

Here is my REALISTIC list. 

Tier 1:

Mitch Canham (Oregon State)

Erik Bakich (Clemson)

Chris Pollard (Duke)

Tony Vitello (Tennessee)

Tom Walter (Wake Forest) 

Rob Vaughn (Alabama)

Tier 2:

Ben Orloff (UC Irvine)

Mark Wasikowski (Oregon)

Cliff Godwin (ECU)

Justin Haire (Campbell)

Alex Sogard (Wright State)

Jordan Bischell (Cincinnati) 

As I watch Texas in a dog fight against a team that’s 5-11 in conference play I came back to look at this list again. I really like your first 3, tier one coaches. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but I think any of those would be an upgrade. Personally I’m not a fan of Tony V. My impression of him is he’s arrogant, mouthy and just not someone that would fit well at Texas. Maybe I’m wrong? 

This guy doesn’t fit the “mold” or typical criteria but part of me wonders what kind of HC Tulo would be at a place like Texas. Yeah it’d be rolling the dice big time but the guy knows baseball. 

11 hours ago, Jerry K said:

This guy doesn’t fit the “mold” or typical criteria but part of me wonders what kind of HC Tulo would be at a place like Texas. Yeah it’d be rolling the dice big time but the guy knows baseball. 

Tulo = Rodney Terry

Would be a feel good story but if you want to be the best in everything you conduct an actual search with real candidates. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Tulo = Rodney Terry

Would be a feel good story but if you want to be the best in everything you conduct an actual search with real candidates. 

Similar but different. Tulo has zero head coaching experience that I’m aware of. 

I agree it’d be risky and not a direction CDC would likely go.