Saturday: The Movers

42 minutes ago, SuperDave0805 said:

Thought about them but with Priest missing all of the 95 season and Shon while still playing wasn't a 100% most of 96 we never really got to see them all healthy and getting carries at the same time 

True.  Crazy part was Ricky playing fullback his freshman year and still getting almost 1000 yards. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, SuperDave0805 said:

When is the last time Texas was this deep at running back?

Malcolm Brown, Jonathan Grey and Joe Bergeron were all good but played behind terrible lines

Maybe 1990 with Butch Hadnot, Phil Brown, Chris Samuels, Adrian Walker and Patrick Wilson 

2022...  Bijan, Roschon, Keilan, Brooks, Blue. 

2023...  Brooks, Baxter, Keilan, Blue, Red, Wisner.

2024...  Baxter, Blue, Red, Gibson, Wisner, Clark.

Looking like all of those guys will get a run in the League when all said and done.  And to your point, hard to believe, but I think the collective depth is actually better this year. 

We are definitely in a purple patch when it comes to RBs on the 40 acres!  Choice has earned money!  #RBU

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Jamaal Charles, Selvin Young,  Ramonce Taylor, Chris Ogbannaya and Ahmad Hall seemed to get the job done. 

Hey Henry Melton was a RB in 2005. Of that group, Taylor was the only one to not play in the NFL.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Hey Henry Melton was a RB in 2005. Of that group, Taylor was the only one to not play in the NFL.

Yeah, I left him off he list because I seem to recall his role diminishing after he decided dive around the defender rather than run through him at OSU and failed to score. 

And what could have been with Ramonce. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

Taafe is the Hayden Conner of the secondary. He sets a decent floor, but the ceiling will never be reached for the entire unit until he's replaced almost completely.

I actually don't agree with this. Based on what I've seen at practice and what I've heard behind the scenes, there's an element of leadership MT brings to the position and to the team that makes him different.

• Hook 'Em 6

53 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

I actually don't agree with this. Based on what I've seen at practice and what I've heard behind the scenes, there's an element of leadership MT brings to the position and to the team that makes him different.

I agree with both of you. Does MT have high level athleticism? No. Is he a liability if matched up 1 on 1? Yes.  His ceiling is only so high. That said safety and OL are similar positions. Consistency and assignment soundness are the most coveted traits. Busted play at safety is a TD. Busted play at OL is a back-up QB coming in the next play. MT is sound and consistent. It’s one reason I am rooting he is replaced, because I know that would mean his replacement is consistent, sound, and athletic. 

Edited by codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, MarkInAustin said:

I think Chris O. was a RS in '05, right?

Something like that, but the OP was talented room and not on field production. Ogbannaya had more than a cup of coffee in the league as a third down back, something none of us probably saw coming untik 08 happened, so I added him to the list. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 1

Trade has been underestimated his whole career. As a preferred walkon I guess that’s to be expected. He has shown he has five star talent in my opinion. Had a full ride at Rice & walked on Texas . I’m a fan of this young man . He’s a five star as for as I’m concerned. Keep underestimating him. He will keep producing. Quality with a capital Q.

Just now, Jarveaux said:

Teafe has been underestimated his whole career. As a preferred walkon I guess that’s to be expected. He has shown he has five star talent in my opinion. Had a full ride at Rice & walked on Texas . I’m a fan of this young man . He’s a five star as for as I’m concerned. Keep underestimating him. He will keep producing. Quality with a capital Q.