Special Note: Next Wednesday

Next Wednesday, April 17, you're welcome to join the OTF crew at The Posse East just off campus for a Happy Hour from 3-5:30 or so.

Gerry, Rod, CJ and myself will all be there, so please feel free to stop by and hang out. Bring friends or significant others if you like. The first beer is on me!

Hope we see some of you guys there!

View full news story

• Hook 'Em 14

15 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

Not sure where to put this but I wanted to hear your thoughts on what Finebaum said

This success must have happened in some sport I don't pay any attention to. 

4 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

I just don’t know why Paul would make such a definitive statement. He’s bound to know it was bs

Texas is following a$m to SEC is a fact. More money, better recruiting because top recruits want to play in the SEC.

7 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

Texas is following a$m to SEC is a fact. More money, better recruiting because top recruits want to play in the SEC.

I'm pretty sure he meant the part about all the success atm has been having there. 

Not a fan of the mouth but I think he meant success dollar and recruiting wise. They caught Johnny in a bottle and it gave them “credibility” that they belonged even though that’s really all they’ve shown. 

I don’t think he’s wrong in the sense that Texas had to do something to offset the pseudo perception of the SEC. While waaay over sold, it is a better league than b12 with heavy media muscle to boot. A&M was used to open Texas recruiting to the SEC powers. Sec only agreed to let Texas in after years of in roads and the imminent risk of losing the brand to B10 or elsewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1