Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Hank South changed the title to Protect College Sports Act passes the Senate
Posted

The House went home for recess until after the midterms. Not to be too political, but it's going to altered heavily by the House to pass. BTW, I see the democrats winning the house and that could change the situation as well. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Austalgia said:

Does it still include socialistic sharing of media rights? 

Voluntary including the provision to try to force us to play sand aggy.  The SEC isn’t funding the loser big 12 teams. I hope they choke and wither. 

Posted
10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said:

Can someone post the key points of this legislation.  Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically?

Yes, and is Texas and SEC happy with the bill and if not, what portions do we like and not like?

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted
10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said:

Can someone post the key points of this legislation.  Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically?

I’m curious about this too. There have been so many changes that I’ve lost track. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Moderators
Posted
56 minutes ago, Cujonation83 said:

The House went home for recess until after the midterms. Not to be too political, but it's going to altered heavily by the House to pass. BTW, I see the democrats winning the house and that could change the situation as well. 

That's the interesting part, IMO. There's been some chatter that the House could be called back before the midterms.

Sen. Cruz floated the idea again of President Trump signing the bill into law on College GameDay (that seems like a pipe dream, but I guess we'll see). I know the bill has bipartisan support, but I don't know what a potential shift in the balance of power in the House would mean. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Moderators
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said:

That's the interesting part, IMO. There's been some chatter that the House could be called back before the midterms.

Sen. Cruz floated the idea again of President Trump signing the bill into law on College GameDay (that seems like a pipe dream, but I guess we'll see). I know the bill has bipartisan support, but I don't know what a potential shift in the balance of power in the House would mean. 

So much for returning from recess, I guess:

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Moderators
Posted
10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said:

Can someone post the key points of this legislation.  Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically?

Ross Dellenger has done the best job of covering the bill, IMO.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.