Jump to content

Hookem72

Supporters
  • Posts

    878
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hookem72

  1. I feel like fhe website domain cafebiz should have been a red flag. The text had a lot of stuff wrong. Looks like AI.
  2. Florida’s scheme would allow him to put up big individual numbers. The rollout playaction scheme needs a great running game, but when the run works, the wideouts and tight ends feed.
  3. When you consider the teams we did it against it is even more impressive. UTSA and SwTexas both had decent lines.
  4. I pray that we actually utilize and develop him. This kid could be the one who changes my opinion on wideouts at Texas. I think he is special.
  5. I am a full supporter of our team but I gotta call it like it is. If I was a top tier wide receiver I don’t know that I would come to Texas. Ohio State had a similar offense with two or three super receivers and has always been able to produce stellar numbers for one or two receivers year after year. We have been pretty good but not great with Wideouts. Most of our receivers shine occurs when they go to the combine and run sub 4.4. So, the real question is what part of Sark’s development led to their draft position? Being at Texas certainly helped Matthew Golden, but I’m not sure it helped Adonai Mitchell and know it didn’t help Isaiah Bond. Mitchell would have done well at Georgia and you might say the way Bond was used led him to being disgruntled. Who is the last wideout we had that put up numbers like Jeremiah Smith, Malachai Toney, Marvin Harrison, Jackson Smith Njigba, etc. I can keep going. Is it Roy Williams? That is the only one I remember. People keep touting Jalen Waddle and DeVonta Smith—but man that was 6 years ago and on Alabama. Our offense doesn’t promote video game numbers for one wide receiver. That is just real talk. Maybe Wingo could get close without the drops. I don’t know. If my kid was a legit five star wide receiver I would want to see something more from the offense at this point if that was what my decision hinged on. If it is just $$$$$ ok. If it is how we use our wide receivers, we should be behind Ohio State and Miami. Unsure if we can change how that looks for the rest of the season, but whatever this team’s offensive scheme is—it’s not a big time wide receiver scheme. It is complicated and you run the route tree, but I don’t know what else it is.
  6. If we land him great. If not, we have Bishop and hopefully can get Brysen Thrower.
  7. Their gimmick may have been cool before they allowed minorities and women to enroll as students, but….wait a second….I’m pretty sure it was never cool.
  8. The House was sent home until after midterms. I don’t think it will be soon.
  9. I think it is hard to understand the talk that goes on in the trenches. Sometimes the raw emotion takes over and unfortunately it did as the young man’s blood got up. Did Simmons commit a crime, get arrested, assault a female? No. Did he embarrass himself and the team yes, but he deserves a pass for all the other good he does.
  10. The media has soundbites they have to parrot: 1. Sark Offensive genius 2. Arch Manning next anointed QB Jesus 3. Cam Coleman so when the offense doesn’t fire on all cylinders, the hype the media created makes the team look overrated. The few magic moments make you scratch your head and hope it will be alright. What I am seeing is 5-6 man blitzes and an unwillingness to adapt quickly. That causes our whole offense to look out of sync. Is it Arch? Is it Sark? As long as Sark isn’t turning the ball over 2+ times a game the defense can carry us.
  11. Tom Herman would be proud🤘
  12. Elko is awesome. He has the best secondary he has ever had and they need to go ahead and extend their new OC for five years. I think Aggy needs to build a statue of Elko now, why wait? The problem Is not with Elko though, it is that the yell leaders haven’t been doing a good enough job to properly motivate the team and the fanbase. Hopefully this loss will motivate the yell leaders to up their game and properly inspire aggy nation.
  13. I wonder what effect this will have on Aggy recruiting. Would love to see what the Aggy commits to their #1 recruiting class are tweeting this morning.🤘
  14. How did Banks not know you can’t do an onside kick like Tennessee did after they tried it and took a timeout. Shouldn’t he have told Sark the rule about having to kick from the 35? That and the fair catch move show some limitations in rule knowledge that is a coaching problem.
  15. We were last year. Sark’s expression at Georgia after the onside kick encapsulated the entire year. I think Muschamp was the coach who gave that quote! 😂😂😂
  16. His first two games were against South Oak Cliff and Westfield. Westfield kept him out of the endzone, but they have 4-5 d1 quality players (if not more) on their defense. They are big and fast. He broke a few runs. I don’t think Randle’s oline is that great. They hane a really big left tackle, but their interior looks slow and was the problem against Westfield in my opinion.
  17. That district is really tough. Randle Angleton and Iowa Colony all have tons of talent. Bottom couple of teams are really bad. I admire the kids’ dedication who want to play, but there is an enormous talent disparity between the top and bottom of that district.
  18. I have mixed emotions on this. On the one hand, a kid who cannot afford to go to a camp can get evaluated. If they like the film maybe it works out. That is cheaper than a camp, travel expenses etc. I filled my truck up yesterday and it was $150. On the other hand, if the kid gets nothing out of it, I’d be skeptical. $450 is probably worth 2-3 hours of real person time and discussion with the kid, and if they get that it may be worth it. Having said that, as the parent of a high school football player, I would not pay it.
  19. I’m going to go back and watch. If Arch was trying to avoid fumbling snaps, could very well explain timing issues.
  20. It seems like a lot of people are picking Tennessee to beat us. That’s what this team needs right now. A bunch of doubt and hate to make them prove people wrong and that Ohio State wasn’t a fluke. Because that is what people want to believe—that we lucked into the win at home and we are overrated. I want to prove them all wrong.
  21. OU has shown over the last few years they are willing to rush players back too early and their strength and conditioning program is probably below par. I think Venables is probably still traumatized by losing all his wideouts in fall camp a few years ago. I know Georgia is now seen as a must win for them, but their season is on the verge of imploding if they have a few more big injuries.
  22. Seems weird these tackles come visit and blab about being the number 1 target for Texas over and over and then commit to Tech.
  23. I think he has been watching Leavitt’s antics and thinks “I’m faster, watch this.”
  24. Here are my counter intuitive takes. Vegas counting on the emotional let down following Ole Miss slaying the dragon combined with the running game of Florida. Will be weird game, Florida gave up 39 to Auburn so the logic would be take the over, but I bet it is an under game. Georgia will put 40 on the dirt burglars. Michgan Iowa 55 points combined. Iowa wins. Horns win but dont cover. USC beats Oregon outright 10-7
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.