Moderators Hank South Posted 12 hours ago Moderators Posted 12 hours ago Still needs to pass the House. 1 1 Quote
Hookem72 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago The House was sent home until after midterms. I don’t think it will be soon. Quote
Austalgia Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago Does it still include socialistic sharing of media rights? 1 Quote
Califashorn75 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago Can someone post the key points of this legislation. Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically? 2 Quote
GoHorns1 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago (edited) Some form of the act will get passed by the House the Senate and signed into law next year. Edited 12 hours ago by GoHorns1 Quote
Cujonation83 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago The House went home for recess until after the midterms. Not to be too political, but it's going to altered heavily by the House to pass. BTW, I see the democrats winning the house and that could change the situation as well. Quote
General Grant Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 10 hours ago, Austalgia said: Does it still include socialistic sharing of media rights? Voluntary including the provision to try to force us to play sand aggy. The SEC isn’t funding the loser big 12 teams. I hope they choke and wither. Quote
TexasMDcoach Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago 10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said: Can someone post the key points of this legislation. Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically? Yes, and is Texas and SEC happy with the bill and if not, what portions do we like and not like? 3 Quote
Tuco Ramirez Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said: Can someone post the key points of this legislation. Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically? I’m curious about this too. There have been so many changes that I’ve lost track. 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago 56 minutes ago, Cujonation83 said: The House went home for recess until after the midterms. Not to be too political, but it's going to altered heavily by the House to pass. BTW, I see the democrats winning the house and that could change the situation as well. That's the interesting part, IMO. There's been some chatter that the House could be called back before the midterms. Sen. Cruz floated the idea again of President Trump signing the bill into law on College GameDay (that seems like a pipe dream, but I guess we'll see). I know the bill has bipartisan support, but I don't know what a potential shift in the balance of power in the House would mean. 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago 9 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: That's the interesting part, IMO. There's been some chatter that the House could be called back before the midterms. Sen. Cruz floated the idea again of President Trump signing the bill into law on College GameDay (that seems like a pipe dream, but I guess we'll see). I know the bill has bipartisan support, but I don't know what a potential shift in the balance of power in the House would mean. So much for returning from recess, I guess: 1 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago 10 hours ago, Califashorn75 said: Can someone post the key points of this legislation. Do we favor it? How will it affect us specifically? Ross Dellenger has done the best job of covering the bill, IMO. 2 Quote
MBHORNSFAN Posted 45 minutes ago Posted 45 minutes ago 31 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: So much for returning from recess, I guess: DOA 1 Quote
UTexas Posted 7 minutes ago Posted 7 minutes ago 1 hour ago, Jeff Howe said: Ross Dellenger has done the best job of covering the bill, IMO. Ross has been all over this topic. Dude is like a machine. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.