Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't see why they want 24 teams in the playoffs, it just further waters it down, imo. I think they'll get a lot more push back over 24 than they did 12. 

Posted

Ugh. I hate this idea.

We just expanded to 12 teams and now we're already talking about 24? At some point the regular season stops mattering.

One of the best things about college football has always been that every game feels huge. A single loss can change your season. Expand it to 24 and we're moving closer to the NFL model where you can lose multiple games and still comfortably make the playoff.

This feels a lot more like a TV money decision than a competitive balance decision. Not every problem in college football needs to be solved by adding more playoff games.

Posted
1 hour ago, AusMOJO said:

I don't see why they want 24 teams in the playoffs, it just further waters it down, imo. I think they'll get a lot more push back over 24 than they did 12. 

More money, more money.

Regular season play determines seeding and possibly of 2 additional home games.

Posted
7 minutes ago, GoHorns1 said:

More money, more money.

Regular season play determines seeding and possibly of 2 additional home games.

That would just turn me off CFB at that point. But I'm just one guy. But I don't get a share of the pie, so my opinion matters zero. 

  • Moderators
Posted

I wanted 16… but it’s going to be 24

Im different… I love it. The viewership of CFB will continue to ascend. This has been proven out with the NCAA Tournament. Football will be no different. The blue bloods won’t like it, as it will take away inherent advantage. But it is what it is. 

More fan bases will be engaged throughout. 

You will continue to get the Ohio State and ND games in the non-conference… which is how it should be. 

Some fans may say the regular season doesn’t matter as much now… I will push back on that.

Top seeded teams will get two home games in playoffs, more than likely. That is huge for fans bases, and universities 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted

It's always about the money. Imagine how these blowhards feel knowing that players get paid. For years they ate like King Henry VIII, while the peasants (players) did all the work. Now that their profits have been scattered throughout the wind, they need creative ways to get more. Bingo. 24 team playoff! 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
55 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I wanted 16… but it’s going to be 24

Im different… I love it. The viewership of CFB will continue to ascend. This has been proven out with the NCAA Tournament. Football will be no different. The blue bloods won’t like it, as it will take away inherent advantage. But it is what it is. 

More fan bases will be engaged throughout. 

You will continue to get the Ohio State and ND games in the non-conference… which is how it should be. 

Some fans may say the regular season doesn’t matter as much now… I will push back on that.

Top seeded teams will get two home games in playoffs, more than likely. That is huge for fans bases, and universities 

Yes, you'll get more of the big Non-conference Games but the results won't matter anymore. What makes the Ohio St wins this year & '05 so special is what they meant for Texas' post-season prospects. Now it'll just be more like a cbb Non-conference big game where the result doesn't really hold a ton of significance. That gets away from what what's made cfb special and that's coming from someone who also loves cbb.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.