One Major Thing (Please read)

On 4/29/2024 at 1:02 PM, Coco said:

And Watts just got drafted because of his development...go coaches. I appreciate Bobby saying this today! I have always wondered how many of the "super negative" comments come from people who ARE NOT Longhorns. Bobby, et al. are always honest in their analysis. It does ruin the experience when things get so ugly which is why I have quit the "other three" sites and joined this one. Don't we all have enough going on in our lives that we can just appreciate a place to come and enjoy conversations, analysis, and just care about our Longhorns. Thanks Bobby, Gerry, CJ, and Rod. 

Watts was very good when he arrived IMO.  His first at UT season was his best.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2024 at 1:53 PM, justwinbaby said:

Still got developed by Terry Joseph and drafted into the NFL.

Fans don’t want to give credit to the secondary last season when the 3rd down defense improved considerably from 2022.

I would argue that's because the front 7 did a great job on 1st and 2nd downs resulting in 3rd and longs.  The secondary actually regressed last year from the previous IMO.  Injuries had a lot to do with it to be fair.  The loss of GP was very evident. 

Edited by 40acres

13 hours ago, 40acres said:

I would argue that's because the front 7 did a great job on 1st and 2nd downs resulting in 3rd and longs.  The secondary actually regressed last year from the previous IMO.  Injuries had a lot to do with it to be fair.  The loss of GP was very evident. 

Secondary is still part of the defense.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/29/2024 at 8:32 AM, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

This board is not going to become what other boards are or have become.

First, I don't mind small cuss words, when used in a certain way. Like, "damn, I wish we would have won that game."

But I don't like, and we will not allow, cuss words directed at or describing individuals, be they players, coaches or fellow board members, or anyone really.

To this point, we have not had a major issue. But I saw a couple over the weekend that I edited.

Second, I also do not want to see this board going down the road of becoming a place where certain narratives go unchecked. This coach sucks, or this player sucks, etc., without speaking about why.

Right now, Terry Joseph seems to be the punching bag du jour. Well, he wasn't that until Terrance Brooks put his name in the transfer portal combined with a poor performance by the secondary in the spring game.

In approximately one week, a rain of fire has come down on Joseph that I think is unfair. It's one thing to question, it's another to denigrate or state as absolute his ability as a coach. People will speak to the overall ranking of the secondary yet neglect Texas improved its third-down defense to being one of the best in the nation this past year. Clearly, the secondary played a role in that.

I'm not sitting here saying we can't all discuss the merits, Rod, Gerry, CJ and I have all done that, but I'm not gonna let a coach or anyone just get assassinated.

If that's what you're looking to do, then that needs to be done elsewhere.

We started this board because we wanted it to be something different.

Free of cliques, free of people talking down to one another or about others, etc. I'm not saying everything is sunshine and roses, because it's not. I am saying there's a respectful way to discuss these things.

Thanks, Bobby

Thanks Bobby!  Sad you have to state this, but there are always going to be bad apples out there that need to hear it. Could you do an Aggie joke on Coffee & Football?  🙂

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/29/2024 at 2:04 PM, Bobby Burton said:

Top right of your post, there are three little dots. Click on that and it should give you a menu.

I must be doing something wrong. I could only report and share. I saw no way to edit to give a shout out to VaHorn. 

6 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

I must be doing something wrong. I could only report and share. I saw no way to edit to give a shout out to VaHorn. 

you  can only edit your posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, VaHorn said:

Probably a time limit of a few minutes after you post before the edit option fades away

Edited by ArizonaLonghorn
added "after you post"

On 4/29/2024 at 7:32 AM, Bobby Burton said:

Guys,

This board is not going to become what other boards are or have become.

First, I don't mind small cuss words, when used in a certain way. Like, "damn, I wish we would have won that game."

But I don't like, and we will not allow, cuss words directed at or describing individuals, be they players, coaches or fellow board members, or anyone really.

To this point, we have not had a major issue. But I saw a couple over the weekend that I edited.

Second, I also do not want to see this board going down the road of becoming a place where certain narratives go unchecked. This coach sucks, or this player sucks, etc., without speaking about why.

Right now, Terry Joseph seems to be the punching bag du jour. Well, he wasn't that until Terrance Brooks put his name in the transfer portal combined with a poor performance by the secondary in the spring game.

In approximately one week, a rain of fire has come down on Joseph that I think is unfair. It's one thing to question, it's another to denigrate or state as absolute his ability as a coach. People will speak to the overall ranking of the secondary yet neglect Texas improved its third-down defense to being one of the best in the nation this past year. Clearly, the secondary played a role in that.

I'm not sitting here saying we can't all discuss the merits, Rod, Gerry, CJ and I have all done that, but I'm not gonna let a coach or anyone just get assassinated.

If that's what you're looking to do, then that needs to be done elsewhere.

We started this board because we wanted it to be something different.

Free of cliques, free of people talking down to one another or about others, etc. I'm not saying everything is sunshine and roses, because it's not. I am saying there's a respectful way to discuss these things.

Thanks, Bobby

Wanting to get away from boards like that. It’s non stop. Grateful this won’t happen here.