One Major Thing (Please read)

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I'm not a Pierce hater, but there's nothing impressive about "always dropping the first game".   It's sad he has to sweep the last two games to get a series win (even at home), although I credit him for getting the wins.

Pierce decided to take over pitching this year and pitching has been an abomination. He takes a hit for that.

This is the kicker, hitting is hot and cold but pitching has been consistently terrible all year.  Can't expect to win it all with that formula.  And the goal at Texas is to win it all, not make it to a regional.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

No one is saying he's perfect.

But the idea that he suddenly forgot how to coach baseball after going to the CWS four years is kind of bizarre. Could he be doing a better job of building the roster? Fair question. Acting overly dramatic like he's some sort of bozo is not fair IMO.

I believe he has been 3 years but the current trend line is not good. IMO He has reached his ceiling here. He is good not elite. Is that good enough for the Big 3? I say no.. I suspect we see a change come June. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

I’m not sure why the hatred is directed solely at joseph because the safeties haven’t been steller as well so gideon’s also got a part in the dysfunctio.

And Watts just got drafted because of his development...go coaches. I appreciate Bobby saying this today! I have always wondered how many of the "super negative" comments come from people who ARE NOT Longhorns. Bobby, et al. are always honest in their analysis. It does ruin the experience when things get so ugly which is why I have quit the "other three" sites and joined this one. Don't we all have enough going on in our lives that we can just appreciate a place to come and enjoy conversations, analysis, and just care about our Longhorns. Thanks Bobby, Gerry, CJ, and Rod. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Thanks Bobby. I have been on numerous different Texas boards for over 20+ years. One trend that I have observed regarding message boards is they have a tendency to deteriorate to the least common denominator over time. Very happy that you going to work toward keeping it civil. The older I get the less patience I have for assumptions being stated as fact. 

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

And who will be moved to safety in the NFL

Still got developed by Terry Joseph and drafted into the NFL.

Fans don’t want to give credit to the secondary last season when the 3rd down defense improved considerably from 2022.

• Hook 'Em 2

The contrast right now of what Texas baseball truly is right now vs the frankly impressive thing going on over in collie station is part of many’s angst. This “used” to be how aggies viewed us. I personally do not like think Pierce is going to deliver like Coach Gus or Augie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dentonhorn said:

The contrast right now of what Texas baseball truly is right now vs the frankly impressive thing going on over in collie station is part of many’s angst. This “used” to be how aggies viewed us. I personally do not like think Pierce is going to deliver like Coach Gus or Augie. 

I understand and agree with that. They're currently putting out a superior product in baseball.

3 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Top right of your post, there are three little dots. Click on that and it should give you a menu.

Thanks Bobby, it might just be that I’m on mobile or my browser doesn’t like it. The only options it gives me are “report” or “share.” It’s ok. 

46 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

Thanks Bobby, it might just be that I’m on mobile or my browser doesn’t like it. The only options it gives me are “report” or “share.” It’s ok. 

That’s odd. It may be your mobile browser. Let me ask. 

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, 4thandFive said:

So you can only edit your post up to 15 minutes following any post. That’s fairly standard on message boards.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, HookemTexas said:

This is the kicker, hitting is hot and cold but pitching has been consistently terrible all year.  Can't expect to win it all with that formula.  And the goal at Texas is to win it all, not make it to a regional.

I taked to a recent former player, graduated last year. He said coach Pierce is a likable guy, good coach and all but should not be a position coach. That he should stick to a ceo gm role

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

One more thing:

I don’t see myself as the thought police here. I’m just trying for a relatively civil community where folks can talk Longhorns.

Thanks Bobby!  I always reminded my kids "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the great!"

Looking back on the last few years of Longhorns football, I am absolutely grateful for where the program stands in 2024. Credit goes to everyone involved.

• Hook 'Em 2