Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
2 minutes ago, Alex Butler said:

I understand, it’s bad but the reality is they needed it more than we did and played that way. We gave them the game. We have everything still in front of us and it’s up to this team to come together and grow from losing. You learn more in a loss than in a win sometimes. 17 points off of turnovers or special teams gets you beat period. We’re not changing coaches or players but these guys need to look in the mirror and decide if they’re soft or not. Flush this turd and move on. 

I’m not firing anyone today (plus no one asked by opinion) but week in and week out situational coaching is super concerning. 

  • Moderators
Posted
11 minutes ago, Big Tex said:

What exactly is Sark trying to do on offense? Ewers not a good fit. Arch not a good fit. Based upon what I know, KJ isn't a good fit either. If the offense requires Tom Brady to work we might be waiting forever. 

I think Quinn was a fit. Quinn's health never allowed him to go on the kind of stretch he might've had if he'd have been healthy.

Sark wants long-developing shots down the field, he wants the quarterback to throw guys open and he wants YAC. That's not really what Arch does well. Arch has become a better screen passer, but he's better at throwing to stationary targets or when guys are coming out of their break.

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted
1 minute ago, Roy Hinojosa said:

Sometimes you need a slap in the face to wake up, and today was a big one. However, where was the pressure after the first series? It seemed we couldn't disrupt their quick passing game.

I mean all that being said; they scored 13 points on offense 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted

Laughable! Head coach is an offensive genius who has been mid at best. Just shut up. 6 years with the best offensive weapons money can buy is enough. Support for this is just dumb!!

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Moderators
Posted
5 minutes ago, TheRoJoShow said:

Worst loss of the sark era. It’s hard to see better than 9-3 at this point.

I'm leaning toward this being the worst loss.

There were no stakes when Texas lost to Kansas and we knew that was a bad team. Florida had talent and it was on the road.

Sark had a chance to kick Venables while he was down and instead he let him off the mat.

That makes 12 wins for Oklahoma in the last 19 games in the series.

  • Hook 'Em 4
Posted
17 minutes ago, HookedOnTF said:

If k j is the clear number one in practice he might have to, but what happens if the same reason he didnt put Arch on for Quinn is what this room looks like with the playbook?

Maybe the problem is the more time guys are at QB 1 under Sark the worse they get 

Posted
Just now, Jeff Howe said:

I'm leaning toward this being the worst loss.

There were no stakes when Texas lost to Kansas and we knew that was a bad team. Florida had talent and it was on the road.

Sark had a chance to kick Venables while he was down and instead he let him off the mat.

That makes 12 wins for Oklahoma in the last 19 games in the series.

And Texas had control after the first half. This is just a bummer. 

  • Moderators
Posted
2 minutes ago, Clifton said:

I mean all that being said; they scored 13 points on offense 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

It's hard for me to fault the defense. Oklahoma's touchdown drive started in Texas territory due to a shanked punt.

 

  • Hook 'Em 3
Posted

The reality of Texas under Sark:

We can beat anyone

We can lose to anyone

We'll very rarely score more than 24+ against a good team (legitimate top 15 team)

For us to be a playoff team we need an elite defense 

We will mostly be the most penalized and give up the most turnovers 

Our special teams will either be a net negative or neutral vs our opponents (a good field goal kicker or a great punt returner  doesn't hide all defects)

Our run game will look good for a period of time and then we will completely abandon it for an entire quarter while we go three and out three times in a row apart from a second and 12.

We'll have better offensive NFL prospects than our opponents defense prospects and vis versa

I love Sark as our head coach but I think he is vastly overated as our OC.  I want someone to please provide me with statistics that show I am wrong. I don't want to believe this but I watch everyday and I just see it far too often. I agree that he can scheme up a few plays that show up on tick tock where ESPN will laud him for his play development.

In times where we need to run the clock out, we will continually snap the ball with 15 plus seconds on the play clock

Sorry, I just need to get these thoughts out as I have had them for 3 plus years. Just can't hold it back any longer after this game. My dad just got diagnosed with ALS and he and I watched our first OU game in decades. I will never watch this game again for the rest of my life.  To listen to all of the pundits say that the only way we can lose this game is if a meteor struck the Earth and to watch it unfold is honestly an embarrassment. I love Texas football and will support it no matter what but this loss was just too much. I honestly don't think I can watch another game this season. Each game is an unnecessary heart attack that doesn't need to happen. But what I've learned mostly under sark is that each game you better have your defibrillator ready to go. Can't do it anymore

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
48 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said:

Arch is part of the problem, but he's not THE problem.

Sark shares a lot of the blame. So does the offensive line.

And credit to Oklahoma. They punched Texas in the mouth in the second half and the Longhorns didn't respond.

Arch is the majority of the problem. 

Posted

@Jeff Howe agree on Arch not being a good fit for what Sark wants to do…but what’s wildly concerning to me is that we (Longhorn nation collectively, to be clear — not you) said the exact same thing about Quinn. “Oh, Quinn can only complete passes inside of 5 yards from LOS. Sark is an explosive play guy, likes to take deep shots, and that’s Arch’s strong suit.” I worry that this is nothing but an excuse from us fans who are overly optimistic about the next chapter (ie the new QB and his style that will be “complementary” to Sark’s scheme and system). At some point, we have to zoom out and come to terms w the common denominator being Sark’s playcalling and consistent underperformance of elite QB talent…in my opinion. 
 

Derrick Cooper rushes for 2 first downs on back to back plays and running hard and w purpose. Instead of pounding the rock again, Sark decides to be overly creative to no avail and we lose momentum. It’s infuriating. Creativity is great but not at the expense of doing what you need to win the game. Maybe overly critical here but nothing wrong with “playing the highlights” as Rod says repeatedly…we don’t care if it looks cool or not Sark. My two cents at least, though I may be overreacting (as we all should be at this point bc it’s inexcusable and pathetic). 
 

@Gerry Hamilton love to hear your thoughts here too

Posted
53 minutes ago, UT_Ro said:

It's Jeff banks fault a player didn't block the dude that blocked the punt? It's his fault the kicker missed a field goal?

It was a poor blocking scheme on the punt block, especially on your own goal line.  You had 2 small guys left of center who were way outnumbered.  Especially when OU offense had no signs of life and they have nothing to lose going for the block.  Max protect on the goal line in that situation  

Posted

Sark firing PK was a joke. What a huge scapegoat for refusing to admit where the real problems are. Muschamp's defense is just marginally better, but our offense and special teams are regressing and Sark had his head under the pillow.

  • Confused 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.