CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS LOVE AFFAIR WITH OREGON???

On 6/30/2024 at 11:40 AM, Anthony Cline said:

Awesome game environment, great facilities, beautiful woman,NIL, top program, fun city…

Awesome game environment - their stadium's capacity is 54,000.  That's indicative of the interest in Oregon Football in Oregon.

..but go on, "do something different".

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/30/2024 at 5:06 AM, Lavalulu said:

Oregon has won out on the key recruits I. This cycle.  EAS video game seems to rank Oregon higher in several categories.  Other than $$$ what in the world is making Oregon attractive to recruits?  (Asking for a friend)

Everybody loved this coach when he said “They're playing for clicks, we're playing for wins.” 

I concur with Bobby. I would further add that he has a definite personality that attracts people. He’s an Alpha.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 3:06 PM, Lavalulu said:

Oregon has won out on the key recruits I. This cycle.  EAS video game seems to rank Oregon higher in several categories.  Other than $$$ what in the world is making Oregon attractive to recruits?  (Asking for a friend)

Thinking that you have answered your own question. Knight's checkbook is WIDE open with no spending limit 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Neil Leininger said:

I will give you that the Oregon coach is better than Jimbo Fisher, but when recruits are taking the money over the school, then it hardly works out. You can't buy a locker room culture, though Oregon thinks you can.

MaT thought the same.  didn't work out so well for them did it?  $70M later........

At least they have Jimbo's national championship trophy to brag about.......oh wait!.....nevermind.🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neil Leininger said:

I will give you that the Oregon coach is better than Jimbo Fisher, but when recruits are taking the money over the school, then it hardly works out. You can't buy a locker room culture, though Oregon thinks you can.

It only doesn’t work out when you have a guy who doesn’t instill culture. Lanning is a big time coach and runs his program the right way. He learned from one of the best and he’s disciplined. Recruits have been going to schools for decades for under the table cash and those players were winning titles at schools like Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio St. 

I wish Texas fans a whole would stop this talk about mercenaries and that. It’s the landscape, you think there aren’t guys on our current roster who chose us for a NIL package? 

Edited by Hashtag
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, CoachBobbyFinstock said:

NIL is  the biggest reason 

They have always had the flashy uniforms. 

Speaking as someone that's worked in education 10+ years I can tell that whenever I asked kids who their favorite college teams were it was always the same answers. For basketball it was Kentucky or Duke and for football it was always Oregon and Alabama. The Alabama reason was obvious but all the kids loved the Oregon uniforms and all their variations. Now with NIL and the even deeper affiliation with Nike, Oregon being kids' favorite schools is now translating to commitments imo.

10 minutes ago, GQ03 said:

Speaking as someone that's worked in education 10+ years I can tell that whenever I asked kids who their favorite college teams were it was always the same answers. For basketball it was Kentucky or Duke and for football it was always Oregon and Alabama. The Alabama reason was obvious but all the kids loved the Oregon uniforms and all their variations. Now with NIL and the even deeper affiliation with Nike, Oregon being kids' favorite schools is now translating to commitments imo.

No accounting for taste at that age!!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam Lane said:

No accounting for taste at that age!!! 🤣🤣

I can say as a kid I was a big fan of Cincinnati basketball coached by Bob Huggins because of their uniforms and relationship with Jordan brand in the late 90s/early 2000s.

9 hours ago, Hashtag said:

Lanning is a big time coach and runs his program the right way.  

He's been a head coach for two years.  He was a DC for two years under Kirby Smart (in other words, he had a pretty easy DC job).

I don't think we necessarily know what type of coach Lanning is or how he runs his program.  In fact, it looks like he may be running his program a lot like Jimbo.  

• Hook 'Em 3

37 minutes ago, horns96 said:

He's been a head coach for two years.  He was a DC for two years under Kirby Smart (in other words, he had a pretty easy DC job).

I don't think we necessarily know what type of coach Lanning is or how he runs his program.  In fact, it looks like he may be running his program a lot like Jimbo.  

This is copium at its finest. You sound brain dead trying to compare the two. 

11 hours ago, Hashtag said:

This is copium at its finest. You sound brain dead trying to compare the two. 

How about you simply saying, You respectfully disagree instead of insulting the guy.  Is it really necessary?  From the outside it is really tough to read that statement and not be uncomfortable.  Hook'em!

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 7:06 PM, horns96 said:

Awesome game environment - their stadium's capacity is 54,000.  That's indicative of the interest in Oregon Football in Oregon.

..but go on, "do something different".

I’ve played there.  It’s a great environment.   

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/30/2024 at 8:06 AM, Lavalulu said:

The Uniform combinations. 

On 6/30/2024 at 8:06 AM, Lavalulu said:

Love affair with dinero.

On 7/15/2024 at 10:45 AM, Adam Lane said:

How about you simply saying, You respectfully disagree instead of insulting the guy.  Is it really necessary?  From the outside it is really tough to read that statement and not be uncomfortable.  Hook'em!

Thank you Adam, well said.