Latest on Michael Terry III (Wednesday 11:50 CST)

• Moderators

Latest on Michael Terry III

San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights 4-star++ athlete Michael Terry III is currently on an unofficial visit to Nebraska.

That trip followed Texas and Oregon.

OTF is hearing that the Terry family has told Oregon they are likely too far away from home at the end of the day.

Nebraska is more in play than Oregon, as of today. 

It could be that it’s the Cornhuskers that’s the biggest threat to Texas. Michael likes Texas a lot, but also likes Nebraska too. There are a couple of key people in the circle that prefer Texas.

The question of when Terry will announce a decision is still in the balance. The family is not locked into the month of August. Not out of the question it goes into the season. 

• Hook 'Em 38
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Chinadoll10 said:

Gerry, what's the biggest lie a recruit has ever told you? Not including: I'm committing to Texas tomorrow!

lol Good question… let me think about that one.

Spring High RB Ben Gay back in the day had some whoppers 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

lol Good question… let me think about that one.

Spring High RB Ben Gay back in the day had some whoppers 

I remember Ben Gay, but I was not into recruiting the way I am now.  Think I saw his name on the local news or something back then.  What was his recruitment like? Did Texas pursue him?  I remember he committed to Baylor when Baylor was awful (pre Art Briles).  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Zacharyhorn said:

I remember Ben Gay, but I was not into recruiting the way I am now.  Think I saw his name on the local news or something back then.  What was his recruitment like? Did Texas pursue him?  I remember he committed to Baylor when Baylor was awful (pre Art Briles).  

spacer.png

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

He should wait until the season to see how average nebraska looks again this year 

Nebraska is recruiting him as WR and a high possibility of PT as a freshman.

13 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

I continue to hear positives for Texas with Terry. I have the Longhorns as the leader here, will see what the word is following Nebraska trip.

It would be very nice to get him committed to Texas ! Other than NIL what does Nebraska have to offer CJ  or Gerry ? 

Edited by Shane
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2024 at 11:48 AM, Gerry Hamilton said:

Latest on Michael Terry III

San Antonio (Texas) Alamo Heights 4-star++ athlete Michael Terry III is currently on an unofficial visit to Nebraska.

That trip followed Texas and Oregon.

OTF is hearing that the Terry family has told Oregon they are likely too far away from home at the end of the day.

Nebraska is more in play than Oregon, as of today. 

It could be that it’s the Cornhuskers that’s the biggest threat to Texas. Michael likes Texas a lot, but also likes Nebraska too. There are a couple of key people in the circle that prefer Texas.

The question of when Terry will announce a decision is still in the balance. The family is not locked into the month of August. Not out of the question it goes into the season. 

So Phil Knight has not offered the free first class tickets and hotels, yet?

I think Dallas Wilson might flip from Oregon if he does not get a deal that comes closer to Dakorien Moore.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:10 PM, Zacharyhorn said:

I bet Ben Gay was a very slippery recruit.

• Haha 2

Good to hear CJ say source said Barron will start . Gbeau getting reps which is good. The Barron disrespect was laughable coming from certain people btw.Barron starting somewhere so stop the silly talk😂🤘