Not good for DirecTV customers

• Moderators

Walt Disney Co.-owned channels, including ESPN and ABC stations, were knocked off DirecTV platforms Sunday after talks to reach a new distribution deal collapsed.

Sports fans will quickly feel the pinch. In addition to college football on ESPN and ABC, the new NFL season begins later this week. ESPN is set to start its season with a "Monday Night Football" game Sept. 9 between the San Francisco 49ers and New York Jets, in which Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers is expected to return after suffering an injury a year ago.

• Sad 3

14 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Btw this happens every season… it’s usually resolved within a few days.. YouTubeTV is a good alternative for those interested

I had this issue last year with NBC, it was out months. It’s every fu*king year with DirectTV. If it’s out tomorrow I am canceling and going with YouTube, it’s just that simple. 

I have ATT U-Verse and all ESPN channels went black at 7pm CST.  Freaking BS.  They do this every other year. Pay the providers for the content you greedy mofos.

I'm going to cancel all my ATT stuff this week.

Edited by horns96
  • Hook 'Em 2

In previous years ATT warned for weeks in advance before their bullish*t.  Today was the first day I saw anything on UVerse to indicate they were going to screw their subscribers.

I only subscribe to Uverse for the access to regional MLB broadcasts (Astros).

Anyone have suggestions other than "YouTube + FUBO"?

Edited by horns96

• Moderators
6 hours ago, horns96 said:

In previous years ATT warned for weeks in advance before their bullish*t.  Today was the first day I saw anything on UVerse to indicate they were going to screw their subscribers.

I only subscribe to Uverse for the access to regional MLB broadcasts (Astros).

Anyone have suggestions other than "YouTube + FUBO"?

Are Astros games on Bally Sports? If so you face the same issue I do with the Rangers, but I use Hulu Live and then just buy a Bally’s subscription through their (Ballys) tv app during baseball season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Blake Munroe said:

Are Astros games on Bally Sports? If so you face the same issue I do with the Rangers, but I use Hulu Live and then just buy a Bally’s subscription through their (Ballys) tv app during baseball season. 

no, Astros games are on space city home network