UT transfers (outbound)

A few box score observations :

—Jalen Catelon with a pick six for UNLV.  A tipped pass rushing the qb he caught and ran back  

—Jake Smith looks like he’s made it back from injury and multiple transfers—3 catches for Az State

—Troy Omeire listed 2nd on Az State depth chart. No catches this week. 

— Isaiah Neyor with a big game for Nebraska. Not that we are hurting at Wr but always wondered why we could rehab him back to the rotation. 

As the OTF crew have discussed—wining teams will have transfer out players move on to productive careers. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Great summary.

Wishing all of these guys the best of luck.  Sometimes things just don’t work out.  And, in the transfer portal era, there are going to be opportunities that look better than others.  I think that our current WR are all better than these guys, but, to be fair, they were all injured a lot, so there are obviously extenuating circumstances.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, jdhdavis said:

A few box score observations :

—Jalen Catelon with a pick six for UNLV.  A tipped pass rushing the qb he caught and ran back  

—Jake Smith looks like he’s made it back from injury and multiple transfers—3 catches for Az State

—Troy Omeire listed 2nd on Az State depth chart. No catches this week. 

— Isaiah Neyor with a big game for Nebraska. Not that we are hurting at Wr but always wondered why we could rehab him back to the rotation. 

As the OTF crew have discussed—wining teams will have transfer out players move on to productive careers. 

Don't forget the Nevada boys in their 28-26 win against Troy

Savion Red - 11 carries for 135 yards (12.3 ypc)

Kitan Crawford - 7 tackles, 2 solo

Kristopher Ross - 6 tackles, 1 solo, 0.5 sacks, 1.5 TFL

I wonder what Red weighs now? (listed at 216 ... had he kept to that weight he might still be a Longhorn)  And Ross looked good in limited action last year ... oh well, wish you the best of luck fellas.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, ArizonaLonghorn said:

Don't forget the Nevada boys in their 28-26 win against Troy

Savion Red - 11 carries for 135 yards (12.3 ypc)

Kitan Crawford - 7 tackles, 2 solo

Kristopher Ross - 6 tackles, 1 solo, 0.5 sacks, 1.5 TFL

I wonder what Red weighs now? (listed at 216 ... had he kept to that weight he might still be a Longhorn)  And Ross looked good in limited action last year ... oh well, wish you the best of luck fellas.

I saw that also--Red looks like RB1 now.  Would have played if he stayed but down on the depth chart and some gadget plays.  I still think the "Redcat" can only work if there is a little threat of a pass out of it.  Crawford is solid but I like our upgraded speed.  Ross--obviously some details kept in confidence on what happened.  

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hashtag said:

I'm the asshole? He's the one who refused to honor the scholarship and go in when coaches told him to vs Wyoming. That to me is an asshole move.

It's possible that you both are, but it's weird to harbor anymosity towards Neyor for that decision. 

5 hours ago, Hashtag said:

You're happy for a guy who refused to go into a game while at our university?

You have info to which I'm not privy, but yeah, I'm glad his football career isn't over and he's overcome a devastating knee injury.

• Hook 'Em 2