Does Jackson Arnold start vs Texas?

He’s been horrible to start this season against subpar opponents. I’ve read he is waiting until his WRs are open before throwing opposed to just throwing them open. Poor decision making, etc. I think they will give him Tulane, but if they lose, everything is on the table in BV’s third year. 

the decision to move on from a Heisman candidate QB for Arnold was a piss poor decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Who cares? I wish them NOTHING but the worst of luck i anything they do. Spent all of that money on burks and williams just to have an average season.

Living in Okla, that game dictates my work life for the next year…plus, I believe OU and Georgia are two of our toughest games left. 

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Realist Horn said:

He’s been horrible to start this season against subpar opponents. I’ve read he is waiting until his WRs are open before throwing opposed to just throwing them open. Poor decision making, etc. I think they will give him Tulane, but if they lose, everything is on the table in BV’s third year. 

the decision to move on from a Heisman candidate QB for Arnold was a piss poor decision. 

Great Q!

Michael Hawkins is the guy long term.

BV backed himself into a corner on this one letting DG walk to keep the 5-star from transferring. There is significant NIL investment in Arnold. That won’t go over well if he’s benched early in the season IMO 

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Great Q!

BV backed himself into a corner on this one letting DG walk to keep the 5-star from transferring. There is significant NIL investment in Arnold. That won’t go over well if he’s benched early in the season IMO 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

The Tennessee game will give Venables the chance he needs to bench Arnold. If the Vols convincingly beat the criminal interlopers with Iamaleava playing well and Arnold doing what he does, then Venables can reasonably tell the guys who paid for Arnold that it's not working out and they need to look elsewhere. Don't know that he will, but that's the only chance he has to prevent a complete disaster this season.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

The Tennessee game will give Venables the chance he needs to bench Arnold. If the Vols convincingly beat the criminal interlopers with Iamaleava playing well and Arnold doing what he does, then Venables can reasonably tell the guys who paid for Arnold that it's not working out and they need to look elsewhere. Don't know that he will, but that's the only chance he has to prevent a complete disaster this season.

Tend to agree

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Agree with this. If they get slapped in the face, they will respond.

I can guarantee you the money folks will understand when something’s not working. Most of them have put money into businesses, tried things and then failed. They understand that sunk money is sunk money. It doesn’t make you feel good and perhaps makes you more reticent to try things in the future but they know it’s about the bottom line at the end of the day.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Realist Horn said:

Living in Okla, that game dictates my work life for the next year…plus, I believe OU and Georgia are two of our toughest games left. 

Same for me and I tried to tell them the OLine would be a problem this year. A full line of transfers with a first year QB and a tough sec schedule was going to make for a tough year. To me, Arnold does not have the athletic ability to extend plays like their last couple QBs could.

2 hours ago, NothinButDaHorns34 said:

Who cares? I wish them NOTHING but the worst of luck i anything they do. Spent all of that money on burks and williams just to have an average season.

I care.  It’s fun to talk about OU struggling.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

Agree with this. If they get slapped in the face, they will respond.

I can guarantee you the money folks will understand when something’s not working. Most of them have put money into businesses, tried things and then failed. They understand that sunk money is sunk money. It doesn’t make you feel good and perhaps makes you more reticent to try things in the future but they know it’s about the bottom line at the end of the day.

It’s a classic case of sunk cost fallacy. If you pay one qb to be good and he’s not playing well paying more isn’t going to make him better, it’s the Rhett Bohmar effect. I say they start Casey Thompson so he can be the first QB to lose the game for both teams (to be fair to him HE played great in 2021 it was the efense that lost the day there). 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Great Q!

Hopefully, it’s not a Caleb redux against us.