Arch Manning media hysteria thread

58 minutes ago, whereiend said:

This wasn't a busted coverage, the defender just fell down. Even if he didn't slip it would have been a completion IMO. Just maybe not a TD.

Maybe it's semantics but to me busted coverage means someone on defense forgot their assignments and nobody covered the receiver.

In this case there was 1-1 coverage that Arch identified and then the defender tripped and fell while the ball was in the air. If he didn't fall it would have been a one on one jump ball that Wingo probably wins.

46 minutes ago, Hashtag said:

As you said even if he didn't slip it's still a completion but I'd go a step further....Wingo blows by him and it's still a touchdown. Look at this still images of the route from the all 22

Wingo is about to break across the field on this route and the defender is squared up. At this point he's already beat.
image.png.6baff936bc2a0d18e3077d91e6fb6473.png

He knows he's beat because his first move was to step in front of Wingo and disrupt the route vs turning and running.

image.png.3e254bd9092870c9ba1ce01156240172.png

Wingo is such a strong player and runner that he just runs through that contact and pushes defender down. 

image.png.6e89ef3691813670435586342d31dac5.png

If defender doesn't step in front of Wingo he's still wide open IMO by like 10-15 yards because of defender positioning at break of route. My screenshots include the yard markings and as you can tell this all happens within 10 yards.

Hashtag with the receipts!

8 hours ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Will start 2025 and 2026, and I'm not 100% ruling out 2027. Manning family is different. For sure two years

Now I know why a lot of QBs didn’t want to commit in the 2024 recruit class.  But it seems Trey Owens has the moxy to compete for Qb2 behind Arch…

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 4thandFive said:

If nothing else though, Arch just showed people a preview of Texas football in 2025.

Watch out…

And beyond. Come play with a QB who can produce at a level high enough to win games. And he's only going to grow and improve...

6 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

I really hate ESPN and all the other 24hr sports channels. All I need to know is who's playing and what the ending score was. You can keep the arguing and debating and narrative making to yourself. Like I'm doing now, if I want more in depth analysis on my favorite I'll go to a team specific site that actually has boots on the ground and reputable sources not someone on either coast talking about a team in the south.