For Ricky Williams

Just wondering if he feels that his nfl career was affected by New Orleans trading all those picks for him. The team was so handicapped afterwards and couldn’t really overcome it.   As with many high draft picks the circumstances of the team affect nfl success so much.  He was still an awesome back in the nfl. 

also does he still keep in touch with his rb room at Texas. Priest Holmes. Shon Mitchell and the like. 🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

1. Did he ever seriously consider pro baseball at any point?

2. My favorite Ricky moment was seeing him rip off a long run against Miss State in the Cotton Bowl. I was there with my dad, and I got to see him rip off a long TD and do a Heisman pose. It was great. And seeing them beat the crap out of Jackie Sherril' team was sweet....

• Hook 'Em 2

What I remember about Ricky days is that they were early Kobe Bryant days. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon after he died in 2020, but when he was a teenager in 1997-98, most were dogging him big time. I'd grown up a Lakers fan with Magic, Kareem and Worthy in the 80s. I remember Jerry West saying Kobe would be among the greatest ever when he drafted the boy in 1996 as a 17 year old high school kid. That's all I needed to believe then. By 2000 they won the title. In 2001 Kobe showed he was the best player in the world against Sacramento and San Antonio in the playoffs, even though most wouldn't admit it.

3 hours ago, harveycmd said:

What I remember about Ricky days is that they were early Kobe Bryant days. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon after he died in 2020, but when he was a teenager in 1997-98, most were dogging him big time. I'd grown up a Lakers fan with Magic, Kareem and Worthy in the 80s. I remember Jerry West saying Kobe would be among the greatest ever when he drafted the boy in 1996 as a 17 year old high school kid. That's all I needed to believe then. By 2000 they won the title. In 2001 Kobe showed he was the best player in the world against Sacramento and San Antonio in the playoffs, even though most wouldn't admit it.

2348ec23-20ae-40ce-b18b-ac65bf00a47e_text.gif