15 minutes ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

I seen a report that said Jim Harbaugh would be bringing his staff from Michigan to the chargers (assuming he takes the job ofc) but how big of an impact would it be if sherome moore was NOT the head coach at Michigan? 

The folks I talked to in Michigan about it last week felt like Moore would keep a large majority of the players but that some guys on defense might be available if the DC and assistants on that side went with Harbaugh. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I've been reading that if Moore isn't named HC, that there could be a mass exodus. It would be surprising to me if they screw that up. Keeping Moore should be priority #1 for them, as he'll keep the majority of the team together. 

I've only read that Harbaugh would take his DC with him to the NFL, not sure who else he has one staff. If Moore stays, he could keep the bulk of the staff in place, including Mike Elston. 

I'll be curious to see what Michigan does. Not that long a go, they wanted to force Harbaugh out....so it's a weird world, lol. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, davideowens said:

Looking at Michigan’s roster, I bet there are 4 DTs that we might be interested in if they have mass portal entries! Really good looking room there.

It would have to happen before January 30 or they’d be ineligible to come to Texas I believe 

14 hours ago, Neil Leininger said:

I think you would see a similar fire sale that Alabama went through.

I dont think it will be as big of an exodus, if Harbaugh leaves. Bama's sell in recruiting has been Saban. Remember Mack Brown Texas football? That was actually legit at Bama, it was Nick Saban Alabama Football. I think Michigan's identity is more closely linked to the school, than to the Head Coach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HookemTexas said:

Since Harbaugh was able to win a championship, would the Michigan faithful be ok if he leaves them gutted by leaving and taking most of the staff, or would they be happy about the championship?

I'd think they'd be gutted because they're still there as fans and want to keep winning right?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, codaxx said:

I dont think it will be as big of an exodus, if Harbaugh leaves. Bama's sell in recruiting has been Saban. Remember Mack Brown Texas football? That was actually legit at Bama, it was Nick Saban Alabama Football. I think Michigan's identity is more closely linked to the school, than to the Head Coach. 

Good thought IMO. And I'll add that I prefer Michigan's approach.

1 hour ago, HookemTexas said:

Since Harbaugh was able to win a championship, would the Michigan faithful be ok if he leaves them gutted by leaving and taking most of the staff, or would they be happy about the championship?

If they hire Moore, I don't think they could do anything but tip their hat to the guy and wish him well. He just led them to their first national championship in three decades.

Harbaugh cancelling his second interview with Atlanta tells me that he is ready to accept the Charger's gig (rumors of $15mil/yr). If he takes Minter with him, the Michigan boards think their DL coach, Mike Elston, would get a look at DC...if he doesn't he may be an option for Sark (just don't know if Sark or anyone else has any connections with him). He'd be a great get because he'd likely bring a DL or two with him (hopefully)). 

https://x.com/JoshTheAthletic/status/1750217886025539998?s=20

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

If they hire Moore, I don't think they could do anything but tip their hat to the guy and wish him well. He just led them to their first national championship in three decades.

A lot of people think there should be an asterisk next to their title, given how they cheated to win.

In a world where the dollar didn't always have the final say, they'd be given the bird on the way out.

I don't think you can think of Michigan's year without also remembering a coach who had to sit out games as punishment and the discovery of sign gate. Michigan admitted their guilt when they fired the guy.

What should have been a time of shame was flipped to be a time of "us against the world." That was pretty classless, IMO.

Edited by Sirhornsalot
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bobby Burton said:

Wow. 

Apparently Harbaugh wants immunity from any violations by his subordinates - so he can have them do the dirty work and remain employed. I think he is just done with the NCAA and takes an NFL job, but who knows now. 

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/board/102410/Contents/real-recognize-real-report-124-michigan-strengthens-offer-in-bid-to-keep-jim-harbaugh-226041783/?page=1

• Hook 'Em 1