Califashorn75 Posted Sunday at 06:51 PM Posted Sunday at 06:51 PM I decided that in order to not let the stress of our team's play cause me a heart attack, I just have to accept the reality of the situation. Our games will just be as ugly as a Chip Brown hairpiece. Our defense can keep us in most games. Arch can't audible, so he will continue to take a beating each week. Goosby is the only offensive player you can trust. Quote
AusMOJO Posted yesterday at 02:34 AM Posted yesterday at 02:34 AM Coming back to this post, I was going through Arch's stats and through all of his starts at Texas, even going back to 2024, this is only the second game where he didn't have a passing TD. The other was Kentucky last year. Eerily similar was he also got sacked 6 times last year against Florida in our loss to them on the road. While this year they got the win despite also being sacked 6 times. He also had 2 INT's in that game (with 2 TD's) vs 1 int and no TD's against Tenn. I just thought that was interesting. 1 Quote
HookemFromOkc Posted 5 hours ago Posted 5 hours ago On 9/27/2026 at 5:51 AM, PaulieD said: fify Happy we aren't either....both are total crap shows. We had our time in the desert...time for a natty...I'm ready. 1 Quote
Blue Horn Posted 33 minutes ago Posted 33 minutes ago On 9/26/2026 at 4:52 PM, diegozanna20 said: I agree with this take a lot more than the easy finger pointing that I see from a lot of fans. I saw some things today that just lead me to believe there's issues in coaching when it comes to the offense. Play calling was suspect at times too. I get that we couldn't really run the ball but those were the best play calls that Sark had if we couldn't run the ball? It's a serious problem that any Sark offense becomes COMPLETELY putrid any time there's problems running the ball. Any team that can make Texas one dimensional will win on defense cause Sark has no answers. Obviously not all is on Sark... it never falls on just one person but there's serious issue IMO when it comes to coaching on both special teams and offense. I don’t really have a problem with his play calling. It seems like there is something in the preparation. Maybe a confidence issue or thinking to much. I can’t put my finger on it. The offense is either in WOW mode, or WTF was that mode. And when we are in the WTF mode it snowballs and seems to spread throughout the team. It seems like one bad play or penalty is contagious with this team. But then they turn around and a penalty or bad play is no big deal because they are firing on all cylinders. It feels like we are so close to being an absolutely elite O regardless of the D. It is just odd how we can look so inept for several series and then unstoppable on others. It could be that these guys are playing to tight and just don’t trust each other. That could be cause by a multitude of reasons. It could be a new group of guys still developing chemistry and trust or it could be that the offense is complicated and always adding new players keeps them from fully understanding Sark’s offense they way they did at Bama and USC when they had more time in the system and less change up in personnel. It could just be that Sark is putting so much pressure on them that they are playing tight and second guessing themselves. We really can’t say because we aren’t in that locker room. But there is no doubt that this offense has the potential to be special if they can figure it out. Arch was 73% in his completion percentage and the interception wasn’t on him. That is a great completion percentage given how much pressure he was under. Knowles is a really good DC and his D matches up well against Sark’s O. Plus Tenn has a salty D and a helluva front 7. I love Sark and think he is a fantastic fit for the University and vice versa. We are extremely lucky to be watching this program develop. The good thing is with Muschamp at DC it gives Sark the luxury of taking the time to figure it out. Given Sark’s history with alcohol, I am hopeful that those experiences have given him the self evaluation tools that he needs to take that next step to break through because I think he has the mentality, coaching staff and talent to get there. But only time will tell. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.