AusMOJO Posted yesterday at 05:36 AM Posted yesterday at 05:36 AM I think he's a good player but let's be honest. Outside of Worthy and possibly Wingo, what other HS WR has Sark utilized and developed? All of his better WR's were transfer portal guys. So maybe it's jsut better to get some developmental guys and hit the portal for a top end guy or two. I'm more worried about the hit rate at TE and RB. Sanders and Helm were good TE's for the most part but ever since them, it's been really rocky. Same with the Bijan, Rojo, Brooks trio after them it was shaky, too. Just my opinion. Either way, Royal will make his decision. We'll either be happy about it or look elsewhere. That's just recruiting these days. You can't get as invested in it, because it's all NIL these days (mostly). 4 Quote
Austalgia Posted yesterday at 05:38 AM Posted yesterday at 05:38 AM (edited) It’s not the kids fault if he wants to go to a school that can get him the ball. We haven’t shown the ability to showcase a receiver like this’s talent. Hopefully it will get better, but so far Sark has played with his food too much on offense. Edited yesterday at 05:40 AM by Austalgia 3 Quote
Armando Gutierrez Posted yesterday at 01:30 PM Posted yesterday at 01:30 PM 22 hours ago, El Pancho said: Funny. I saw an On3 post that he flipped to LSU. I don’t see it anymore. Either a fake or an oops. It’s probably real enough though. Yeah, that was a fake. it wasn't On3, it was 3On. 2 Quote
Shmatt Posted yesterday at 02:05 PM Posted yesterday at 02:05 PM If we keep him cool, I’d we lose him it’s cool too. That money will just go to wtv top end WR in the portal market. Say what you wanna say about Sark but he has proven to be a great portal recruiter 1 1 Quote
Hookem72 Posted yesterday at 02:05 PM Posted yesterday at 02:05 PM I am a full supporter of our team but I gotta call it like it is. If I was a top tier wide receiver I don’t know that I would come to Texas. Ohio State had a similar offense with two or three super receivers and has always been able to produce stellar numbers for one or two receivers year after year. We have been pretty good but not great with Wideouts. Most of our receivers shine occurs when they go to the combine and run sub 4.4. So, the real question is what part of Sark’s development led to their draft position? Being at Texas certainly helped Matthew Golden, but I’m not sure it helped Adonai Mitchell and know it didn’t help Isaiah Bond. Mitchell would have done well at Georgia and you might say the way Bond was used led him to being disgruntled. Who is the last wideout we had that put up numbers like Jeremiah Smith, Malachai Toney, Marvin Harrison, Jackson Smith Njigba, etc. I can keep going. Is it Roy Williams? That is the only one I remember. People keep touting Jalen Waddle and DeVonta Smith—but man that was 6 years ago and on Alabama. Our offense doesn’t promote video game numbers for one wide receiver. That is just real talk. Maybe Wingo could get close without the drops. I don’t know. If my kid was a legit five star wide receiver I would want to see something more from the offense at this point if that was what my decision hinged on. If it is just $$$$$ ok. If it is how we use our wide receivers, we should be behind Ohio State and Miami. Unsure if we can change how that looks for the rest of the season, but whatever this team’s offensive scheme is—it’s not a big time wide receiver scheme. It is complicated and you run the route tree, but I don’t know what else it is. 2 1 Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted yesterday at 02:07 PM Posted yesterday at 02:07 PM 8 hours ago, AusMOJO said: I think he's a good player but let's be honest. Outside of Worthy and possibly Wingo, what other HS WR has Sark utilized and developed? All of his better WR's were transfer portal guys. So maybe it's jsut better to get some developmental guys and hit the portal for a top end guy or two. I'm more worried about the hit rate at TE and RB. Sanders and Helm were good TE's for the most part but ever since them, it's been really rocky. Same with the Bijan, Rojo, Brooks trio after them it was shaky, too. Just my opinion. Either way, Royal will make his decision. We'll either be happy about it or look elsewhere. That's just recruiting these days. You can't get as invested in it, because it's all NIL these days (mostly). 3 Quote
Sundancekid Posted yesterday at 02:10 PM Posted yesterday at 02:10 PM We have a pretty good freshman playing this year that looks like he is developing… 3 1 Quote
Hookem72 Posted yesterday at 02:17 PM Posted yesterday at 02:17 PM (edited) 7 minutes ago, Sundancekid said: We have a pretty good freshman playing this year that looks like he is developing… I pray that we actually utilize and develop him. This kid could be the one who changes my opinion on wideouts at Texas. I think he is special. Edited yesterday at 02:17 PM by Hookem72 3 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 12 hours ago, Sundancekid said: We have a pretty good freshman playing this year that looks like he is developing… He's barely played but I do like his upside. My point was that over his 6 year tenure, only two of his recruited WR's have panned out. That being Xavier Worthy and now Ryan Wingo. Everyone else barely got onto the field or ended up transferring out/was pushed out. The point is don't get too caught up in recruiting WR's as they're usually a dime a dozen in the portal with guys breaking out every year. Positions you want to develop are T's, DT, Edge and QB's. Because those are your premium positions that cost a fortune in the portal. Quote
AusMOJO Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 12 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said: Is it bad that I had completely forgotten about Lee and Alexis? I think those guys were Herman recruits though, because Worthy was a late addition to that class if my memory serves me correctly. We're also still waiting for Evan Stewart to commit..lol. I do like the 3 WR recruits from the 2026 class and even the guys in the 2027 class so far. We'll see how it pans out. 1 Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 2 minutes ago, AusMOJO said: Is it bad that I had completely forgotten about Lee and Alexis? I think those guys were Herman recruits though, because Worthy was a late addition to that class if my memory serves me correctly. We're also still waiting for Evan Stewart to commit..lol. I do like the 3 WR recruits from the 2026 class and even the guys in the 2027 class so far. We'll see how it pans out. You might be right on Alexis and Lee, Sark inherited them when he got the job and kept them in the class. But that actually gets to the bigger point. Of the WRs Sark and his staff have identified, recruited and developed at Texas, Worthy and Wingo are the only two who have really made a significant impact. That’s not a particularly strong hit rate. 1 Quote
Beldar Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago (edited) 20 hours ago, Austalgia said: It’s not the kids fault if he wants to go to a school that can get him the ball. We haven’t shown the ability to showcase a receiver like this’s talent. Hopefully it will get better, but so far Sark has played with his food too much on offense. WE have put a few WR in league last couple years. Drafted high too. Edited 14 hours ago by Beldar 1 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 3 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said: You might be right on Alexis and Lee, Sark inherited them when he got the job and kept them in the class. But that actually gets to the bigger point. Of the WRs Sark and his staff have identified, recruited and developed at Texas, Worthy and Wingo are the only two who have really made a significant impact. That’s not a particularly strong hit rate. Yeah, I agree. I know people say "well you developed the guys from the portal" eh, I guess. But most of them were already good. But to my other point that using the portal for WR's seems like the better option. Get some cheaper, developmental 3 star guys at WR in the HS ranks and get your big name guys in the portal. I think they made the mistake of putting too much money into WR retention last year and the HS ranks with Ffrench (now at Michigan), Lockett, McHutechon and Livingstone and Moore who both portaled out. I did like the Mosley addition though, was a shame he was injured most of last year though. Quote
drag worm Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 12 hours ago, TexasLonghorns said: That is a mess. 1 Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago (edited) 20 minutes ago, AusMOJO said: Yeah, I agree. I know people say "well you developed the guys from the portal" eh, I guess. But most of them were already good. But to my other point that using the portal for WR's seems like the better option. Get some cheaper, developmental 3 star guys at WR in the HS ranks and get your big name guys in the portal. I think they made the mistake of putting too much money into WR retention last year and the HS ranks with Ffrench (now at Michigan), Lockett, McHutechon and Livingstone and Moore who both portaled out. I did like the Mosley addition though, was a shame he was injured most of last year though. Those same people claimed Riley doesn’t develop QBs because portal QBs don’t count as development, haha. I actually agree. I think the same could be said with QBs too. Go get the best available, ones that are proven and experienced. Mosley is solid but not elite in any category like the other portal WRs Sark has brought in. Edited 14 hours ago by TexasLonghorns 1 Quote
TexasLonghorns Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago 19 minutes ago, drag worm said: That is a mess. Elite evals and development, huh? Quote
HookedOnTF Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 32 minutes ago, drag worm said: That is a mess. Meanwhile our best recent RBs were brought in under Drayton. But this staff for the most part seems like they know their stuff and are upgrades to the original staff. 2 Quote
AusMOJO Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 34 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said: Those same people claimed Riley doesn’t develop QBs because portal QBs don’t count as development, haha. I actually agree. I think the same could be said with QBs too. Go get the best available, ones that are proven and experienced. Mosley is solid but not elite in any category like the other portal WRs Sark has brought in. I think you should still develop QB's. In another comment I made, you should develop the premium positions, T's, DT's, Edges and QB's. Those positions cost a damn fortune in the portal. So if you can develop your own, great. But I get your point there. I think Mosley is a good at all but master of none. Not elite in any category but is a good player to have. Although I think his brother at USC is more dynamic. Quote
AusMOJO Posted 13 hours ago Posted 13 hours ago 18 minutes ago, HookedOnTF said: Meanwhile our best recent RBs were brought in under Drayton. But this staff for the most part seems like they know their stuff and are upgrades to the original staff. I'd much rather have this staff than anything Herman. But I think all 3 of the good RB's Sark had were Herman recruits? Unless I'm mistaken. Seems like Herman could identify talent he was just next to useless in developing it or utilizing it lol. Although his OL recruitment left a lot to be desired, while I have my gripes about Flood he's a definite upgrade over Hand. I think Herman's last class had one OL and that was Hayden Connor? 1 Quote
Thanos72 Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago On 9/29/2026 at 12:17 PM, Texansarebetter said: Everyone RELAX Don’t do it Quote
OsasTheDestroyer Posted 2 hours ago Author Posted 2 hours ago On 9/30/2026 at 9:07 AM, TexasLonghorns said: I love AI slop sponsored by rainbet 1 Quote
Rich Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 6 minutes ago, OsasTheDestroyer said: I love AI slop sponsored by rainbet I’ve been waiting for someone to say something! lol “One of this things is not like the others”🎶 💀 Quote
HudGar1922 Posted 58 minutes ago Posted 58 minutes ago let him go geez its a wr. we can get them in the portal. Quote
Assistant Regional Manager Posted 43 minutes ago Posted 43 minutes ago (edited) I love AI graphics titled “commitments” that include a bunch of guys who were never committed. Edited 42 minutes ago by Assistant Regional Manager Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.