Shmatt Posted 54 minutes ago Posted 54 minutes ago Just now, Guts said: Alcohol isn’t ruining sports It’s ruining a lot more important aspects of life than sports, if you’re that soft about it than just skip it or don’t watch it. I never have my adds on when I watch the games anymore because of how many there are 1 Quote
UT Longhorn Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago I'm over the Prize Picks ads myself. I'll welcome Kalshi or any other ad to break up the monotony of the Prize Picks ads. I feel like i can't escape them and that they go on for days 😆 2 Quote
Guts Posted 48 minutes ago Author Posted 48 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Shmatt said: It’s ruining a lot more important aspects of life than sports, if you’re that soft about it than just skip it or don’t watch it. I never have my adds on when I watch the games anymore because of how many there are I mean doesn’t that just solidly my point? It’s not soft to voice an objectionable opinion. Quote
Bobby Burton Posted 47 minutes ago Posted 47 minutes ago We have partnered with Kalshi. You will hear much fewer reads but see an ongoing logo. It’s an exchange for us to do not do as many reads. 5 1 1 1 Quote
JMarquette Posted 45 minutes ago Posted 45 minutes ago Will we be getting odds for every travel game for @CJ Vogel going to the wrong airport? 3 Quote
Shmatt Posted 44 minutes ago Posted 44 minutes ago (edited) 4 minutes ago, Guts said: I mean doesn’t that just solidly my point? It’s not soft to voice an objectionable opinion. Making a whole thread to whine about it is objectively pointless It’s OU week, and what a OTF does to stay in business is their business. Look forward to better things rather than focusing on the negative Edited 43 minutes ago by Shmatt 2 Quote
UT Longhorn Posted 43 minutes ago Posted 43 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said: We have partnered with Kalshi. You will hear much fewer reads but see an ongoing logo. It’s an exchange for us to do not do as many reads. Sounds like the perfect solution to me. Thanks @Bobby Burton for making OTF the best in the business and for continuously working to keep it that way. 1 Quote
Guts Posted 38 minutes ago Author Posted 38 minutes ago 4 minutes ago, Shmatt said: Making a whole thread to whine about it is objectively pointless It’s OU week, and what a OTF does to stay in business is their business. Look forward to better things rather than focusing on the negative That’s the point of the board is to post your opinions. You calling it whining and soft and saying I’m offended doesn’t rebuttal what I’m saying. Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 15 minutes ago Posted 15 minutes ago 40 minutes ago, Guts said: Alcohol isn’t ruining sports Can you elaborate on how Kalshi has ruined sports for you? Quote
Alex Butler Posted 12 minutes ago Posted 12 minutes ago 39 minutes ago, harveycmd said: Bobby has control over read ads and banners. Do you goobers know your butt from a hole in the ground? That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. Quote
Guts Posted 11 minutes ago Author Posted 11 minutes ago (edited) 7 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: Can you elaborate on how Kalshi has ruined sports for you? Sports gambling has integrated itself into every aspect of sports. We have players gambling on their own teams and it causes doubt every time you watch a bet line magically happen (like with the 2 point conversion against vandy last year). Sports gambling is one of the worst things to happen to sports. Edited 7 minutes ago by Guts Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 8 minutes ago Posted 8 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Guts said: Sports gambling has integrated itself into every aspect of sports. We have players gambling on their own teams and it causes doubt every time you watch a bet line magically happen (like with the 2 point conversation against vandy last year). Sports gambling is one of the worst things to happen to sports. So you think Texas is in on the fix given that two point conversion? Quote
Alex Butler Posted 7 minutes ago Posted 7 minutes ago Just now, Oldest Horn said: So you think Texas is in on the fix given that two point conversion? No but the refs might have been Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 5 minutes ago Posted 5 minutes ago Just now, Alex Butler said: No but the refs might have been Of course, because the call went against us. I suppose calls that go our way are never an issue. Quote
Guts Posted 2 minutes ago Author Posted 2 minutes ago Just now, Oldest Horn said: Of course, because the call went against us. I suppose calls that go our way are never an issue. It has nothing to do with it being Texas, I was just using that as an example. My point is people will see that it affected the line and it will cast doubt. Also all the NBA players recently indicted for gambling. I feel like very time you and I get into these discussions, you have no idea what I’m actually saying. Quote
harveycmd Posted just now Posted just now 6 minutes ago, Alex Butler said: That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. 9 minutes ago, Alex Butler said: That’s not what I’m talking about. I’m talking specifically about the ads that interrupt the streams that are posted on Apple and other podcast platforms not the ad reads and banners. No need for name calling when we’re talking about completely different things. I don't care about stream ads. I skip them. Quote
Oldest Horn Posted just now Posted just now Just now, Guts said: It has nothing to do with it being Texas, I was just using that as an example. My point is people will see that it affected the line and it will cast doubt. Also all the NBA players recently indicted for gambling. I feel like very time you and I get into these discussions, you have no idea what I’m actually saying. Lines have been “affected” by fluke plays and bad calls since forever. Quite frankly, legalized and above board forums like Kalshi have done more to police bad actors than the old bookie system. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.