Oldest Horn Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, Guts said: It’s both. Kalshi is the worse of the lot imo. How so? Please explain. Quote
LonghornFan4Ever Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 1 minute ago, Oldest Horn said: How so? Please explain. Hehe 1 Quote
Guts Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 2 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: How so? Please explain. 18 year olds can use it and you can bet on pretty much anything and everything. I’ve come to realize you and I just have fundamentally different views on life and that’s ok. We probably agree on very little and are wasting each others time arguing on here. Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago Just now, Guts said: 18 year olds can use it and you can bet on pretty much anything and everything. I’ve come to realize you and I just have fundamentally different views on life and that’s ok. We probably agree on very little and are wasting each others time arguing on here. And how does that compare with other betting forums? Quote
Guts Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 2 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: And how does that compare with other betting forums? I don’t know much about other forums that don’t directly involve sports so maybe there are other sites that are just as bad. Kalshi still sucks and it’s lame OTF is partnered with them. But go on, I’m sure you have another deflecting question lined up. Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 59 minutes ago Posted 59 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, Guts said: I don’t know much about other forums that don’t directly involve sports so maybe there are other sites that are just as bad. Kalshi still sucks and it’s lame OTF is partnered with them. But go on, I’m sure you have another deflecting question lined up. No, I don’t. I’m simply wondering why Kalshi is such a bogeyman in your little world. All the deflections are yours, champ. Quote
BootHorn08 Posted 56 minutes ago Posted 56 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Oldest Horn said: No, I don’t. I’m simply wondering why Kalshi is such a bogeyman in your little world. All the deflections are yours, champ. I’m not a sports betting hater while I get it has changed sports. Kalshi and Polymarket are predatory gambling companies that allow wagers on any and everything. You should not be able to place wagers on gas prices, elections and stuff of that sort it’s strange 3 Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 55 minutes ago Posted 55 minutes ago Just now, BootHorn08 said: I’m not a sports betting hater while I get it has changed sports. Kalshi and Polymarket are predatory gambling companies that allow wagers on any and everything. You should not be able to place wagers on gas prices, elections and stuff of that sort it’s strange Gas prices? Ever hear of the Futures Exchange? Quote
Guts Posted 50 minutes ago Author Posted 50 minutes ago 6 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: No, I don’t. I’m simply wondering why Kalshi is such a bogeyman in your little world. All the deflections are yours, champ. I’ve explained it pretty well I think. Also, stop being so damn condescending. Saying my world is little because I’m against sports gambling is unnecessarily belittling. The way you interact on this platform is incredibly off-putting. 2 Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 49 minutes ago Posted 49 minutes ago Just now, Guts said: I’ve explained it pretty well I think. Also, stop being so damn condescending. Saying my world is little because I’m against sports gambling is unnecessarily belittling. The way you interact on this platform is incredibly off-putting. No, you haven’t. Quote
Guts Posted 45 minutes ago Author Posted 45 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: No, you haven’t. That’s a reading comprehension issue for you then. 1 Quote
BootHorn08 Posted 44 minutes ago Posted 44 minutes ago 8 minutes ago, Oldest Horn said: Gas prices? Ever hear of the Futures Exchange? Don’t be a dbag. Yes and I am aware it’s controlled by the CFTC but there’s a difference in going look for these things versus them being thrown in your face on every app you use. It’s predatory. Just because you’re the oldest horn doesn’t make you the wisest horn no matter how hard you’re pretending to be Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 42 minutes ago Posted 42 minutes ago Just now, BootHorn08 said: Don’t be a dbag. Yes and I am aware it’s controlled by the CFTC but there’s a difference in going look for these things versus them being thrown in your face on every app you use. It’s predatory. Just because you’re the oldest horn doesn’t make you the wisest horn no matter how hard you’re pretending to be I’d say being able to make a call on gas prices on an independent exchange is far more efficient than relying on some floor trader in Chicago. Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 40 minutes ago Posted 40 minutes ago 3 minutes ago, Guts said: That’s a reading comprehension issue for you then. You’ve managed to repeatedly call them “bad” but never elaborated how they’re different than any other betting or market prediction site Quote
BootHorn08 Posted 39 minutes ago Posted 39 minutes ago 1 minute ago, Oldest Horn said: I’d say being able to make a call on gas prices on an independent exchange is far more efficient than relying on some floor trader in Chicago. But it’s not just gas prices. It’s elections it’s criminal cases it’s everything under the sun and it’s marketed on every website and social media at this point. That’s where my issue is Quote
HonkEm Posted 37 minutes ago Posted 37 minutes ago 42 minutes ago, Beard N Balls Bundle said: I never want to hear another prize picks ad again fortunately, you can fast forward all the prize pick ads in the podcasts...takes about 5 seconds...unlike some ads where you have to wait a min or so to skip. 1 Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 37 minutes ago Posted 37 minutes ago Just now, BootHorn08 said: But it’s not just gas prices. It’s elections it’s criminal cases it’s everything under the sun and it’s marketed on every website and social media at this point. That’s where my issue is Betting has been a thing as long as there has been trade. I’d rather bet on a reliable exchange than hope an acquaintance or co-worker doesn’t welch on paying up. 1 Quote
BootHorn08 Posted 35 minutes ago Posted 35 minutes ago Just now, Oldest Horn said: Betting has been a thing as long as there has been trade. I’d rather bet on a reliable exchange than hope an acquaintance or co-worker doesn’t welch on paying up. What does an acquaintance or coworker have to do with anything? Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 33 minutes ago Posted 33 minutes ago Just now, BootHorn08 said: What does an acquaintance or coworker have to do with anything? That was often the only way for folks to bet, outside of some mob backed bookie or traveling to Vegas or London, until legal exchanges came to pass. 1 Quote
Hookem72 Posted 24 minutes ago Posted 24 minutes ago These polymarket systems are just degenerate versions of crowd sourced insurance markets. The insurance industry started in a coffee shop in London where ship owners would bet on ships returning from voyages. The coffee shop was called Lloyd’s and ultimately became Lloyd’s of London when they started taking so many “bets” it became a lucrative business for the ship owners to pool money for losses and hedge. This system and the stock market are supposed to be based on real information and risk analysis of potential loss and the value of that loss. Polymarket took the analogy too far and is just the house getting a fee on “bets”. Whether this the new money laundering scheme following DFTs or bitcoin markets is anyone’s guess, but it doesn’t feel legit to me. Quote
General Grant Posted 23 minutes ago Posted 23 minutes ago 45 minutes ago, Guts said: 18 year olds can use it and you can bet on pretty much anything and everything. I’ve come to realize you and I just have fundamentally different views on life and that’s ok. We probably agree on very little and are wasting each others time arguing on here. There may not be better advice given today. Quote
Moderators Hank South Posted 22 minutes ago Moderators Posted 22 minutes ago 1 hour ago, JMarquette said: Will we be getting odds for every travel game for @CJ Vogel going to the wrong airport? ☠️ Quote
Thanos72 Posted 12 minutes ago Posted 12 minutes ago I thought this was a post about cereal 😬 2 Quote
Oldest Horn Posted 6 minutes ago Posted 6 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, Thanos72 said: I thought this was a post about cereal 😬 I’m waiting for Captain Crunch to be vilified… Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.