Califashorn75 Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago I was an Assistant Principal in Albuquerque when he was head coach at NM. He came by the school several times as he was recruiting one of our lineman. He was always very kind and mild mannered. I am sad to hear of his passing. 11 Quote
HookedOnTF Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago His greatest achievement may have been putting GP in line at TCU. Also, aggie jokes write themselves. Always. RIP Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 2 hours ago Moderators Posted 2 hours ago Fran guided Texas State into being an FBS program. I’ll always appreciate him coming back to San Marcos during that transition. 8 2 Quote
Holy Cow Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago Wow, RIP. @Jeff Howe did you attend/graduate from TSU (SWTS)? Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 2 hours ago Moderators Posted 2 hours ago 2 minutes ago, Holy Cow said: Wow, RIP. @Jeff Howe did you attend/graduate from TSU (SWTS)? Yes. Graduated in 2009. I graduated high school in 2002, so I get to use the Tommy Boy line, “A lot of people go to college for seven years” and it applies. 3 2 1 Quote
NBHorn64 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago @Jeff Howe Fellow Bobcat here. I graduated from TSU (SWTS when I was there) in 1987. Quote
NTXHornsFan Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 47 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said: Yes. Graduated in 2009. I graduated high school in 2002, so I get to use the Tommy Boy line, “A lot of people go to college for seven years” and it applies. @Jeff Howe when told he had to goto class 1 Quote
Moderators Jeff Howe Posted 1 hour ago Moderators Posted 1 hour ago 2 minutes ago, NTXHornsFan said: @Jeff Howe when told he had to goto class Fairly accurate. Lol 1 Quote
HonkEm Posted 48 minutes ago Posted 48 minutes ago He made a lasting impact on college football and on the many players, coaches, and communities he touched throughout his career. My sincere condolences to his family, friends, former players, and all who had the privilege of knowing him. RIP 1 Quote
Austalgia Posted 28 minutes ago Posted 28 minutes ago (edited) I played football for him one year at Southwest Texas before I transferred . He was a good motivator . RIP Edited 28 minutes ago by Austalgia 2 Quote
Moderators Jordan Scruggs Posted 23 minutes ago Moderators Posted 23 minutes ago Know a few guys who played for him during his 2nd stint at TXST. They all loved him. A few played for his son at Blinn before transferring to TXST, too 2 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.