Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, Clifton said:

This IMO is the worst loss since Sark took over. I know Florida was bad last year, but you had a double digit lead. 
 

Arch made mistakes, but Sark week in and week out makes odd choices given situations. 
 

The blocked punt was pseudo because he was so aggressive down in his own 10. 
 

An embarrassing loss. 

The game changed when Venables put out his punter to do a little gimmick that was gonna end in a pooch punt.  Sark panicked and called TO.  Oklahoma kicks a field goal.  

Posted
2 minutes ago, Big Tex said:

What exactly is Sark trying to do on offense? Ewers not a good fit. Arch not a good fit. Based upon what I know, KJ isn't a good fit either. If the offense requires Tom Brady to work we might be waiting forever. 

Brady would audible like a MOFO 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Posted
Just now, nineliveslost said:

Brady would audible like a MOFO 

I don't get the impression that Sark likes his QBs doing that. Too much of a control freak.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said:

I don't like calling for a coach's job, but coaches have been fired for less than the product Jeff Banks has put on the field the last two games.

He’s pure trash. That Sark has that among other blind spots on his side of the ball after 6 years is beyond alarming 

Posted
34 minutes ago, hookem1014 said:

So much for “win the rushing battle, and win the game“

It has always been rushing battle AND turnover battle. Turnovers are the wild card. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
2 minutes ago, Big Tex said:

I don't get the impression that Sark likes his QBs doing that. Too much of a control freak.

THIS. I’m convinced that no one in the building is allowed to do anything offensively with our dark saying to. Predetermined reads on plays is purely ego

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeff Howe said:

I just don't think Arch is a good fit for what Sark wants to do on offense.

THIS. And I don’t think Sark has the ability to coach to Arch’s strengths. OR he lacks the ability to not be so stubborn and change the scheme to coach to Arch’s strengths. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Roy Hinojosa said:

Is part of the problem is that there are too many mouths to feed, and Arch doesn't want to pull the trigger because he wants to give more touches to Coleman, Wingo, etc?

Don't think that's what the evidence says.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
1 minute ago, Roy Hinojosa said:

Is part of the problem is that there are too many mouths to feed, and Arch doesn't want to pull the trigger because he wants to give more touches to Coleman, Wingo, etc?

I don’t think so. It feels like you have a playcaller who isn’t okay giving your QB enough freedom to change at the line. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted
5 minutes ago, Clifton said:

This IMO is the worst loss since Sark took over. I know Florida was bad last year, but you had a double digit lead. 
 

Arch made mistakes, but Sark week in and week out makes odd choices given situations. 
 

The blocked punt was pseudo because he was so aggressive down in his own 10. 
 

An embarrassing loss. 

I understand, it’s bad but the reality is they needed it more than we did and played that way. We gave them the game. We have everything still in front of us and it’s up to this team to come together and grow from losing. You learn more in a loss than in a win sometimes. 17 points off of turnovers or special teams gets you beat period. We’re not changing coaches or players but these guys need to look in the mirror and decide if they’re soft or not. Flush this turd and move on. 

Posted
37 minutes ago, UT_Ro said:

It's Jeff banks fault a player didn't block the dude that blocked the punt? It's his fault the kicker missed a field goal?

Yes, it is

  • Moderators
Posted
15 minutes ago, Randy Fistfighter said:

I don't, which is why I'm asking. And as Jeff previously quoted, maybe they fit Sarks offense better.

I don't know if he does or not, but Sark doesn't have any choice but to ride with Arch. His playmaking ability is the closest thing the offense has to an identity.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Posted
Just now, Jeff Howe said:

I don't know if he does or not, but Sark doesn't have any choice but to ride with Arch. His playmaking ability is the closest thing the offense has to an identity.

Sometimes you need a slap in the face to wake up, and today was a big one. However, where was the pressure after the first series? It seemed we couldn't disrupt their quick passing game.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.