Jordon Davison Top 4 Revealed

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Derek Handler said:

Bummer, I thought we had a really good shot with him.  Good to know early...

Apparently the NIL demands were higher than what we wanted to give, seems like a good kid and athlete but if there’s one position we definitely don’t need to overpay it is RB. If we end up with him great if not then I’m more than happy to get Simon in the fold.

Edited by ImDirtydan01
  • Hook 'Em 2

We've had 4 RBs taken in the last 2 drafts, with the #1 RB taken in back to back years. Blue is likely going to declare and get drafted after this season, and we have Baxter, Clark, Gibson, and Wisner still with eligbility. We ain't going to get them all, but we will absolutely develop the ones we do get into NFL players.

• Hook 'Em 6

Davidson has been trending this way for a while.  I'm a bit surprised but, then again maybe not, that Texas isn't in the final four.  It's clear the staff moved on to James Simon almost a month ago.

I'd be happy with a Rickey Stewart one-back class, but it appears we are all-in for two in 2025.  Simon looks good, but there are some real stud RBs in the 2026 class.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like it. Based on Damonic Williams and now Jordan Davison, I think you can say that Sark is staying true to his word. He's not overpaying, and he's not willing to risk team chemistry. Texas could pay these guys and get them, but it's more important to keep the locker room on an even keel. We're talented enough to compete at the highest level.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

I am told Davison had nothing to do with NIL. The quality/depth of the RB room was the issue.

Does that mean Davison didn't want to compete with the guys at Texas? What do these guys expect? Do they want win or just pretend?

Edited by harveycmd
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Does that mean Davison didn't want to compete with the guys at Texas? What do these guys expect? Do they want win or just pretend?

Davison just felt like other rooms were more conducive to playing time.

This was not a bid-off situation like Damonic Williams. Everybody was in the same neighborhood on Davison.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Davison just felt like other rooms were more conducive to playing time.

This was not a bid-off situation like Damonic Williams. Everybody was in the same neighborhood on Davison.

Playing time? If he doesn't think he can get on the field at Texas, then how does he think he'll do in the NFL? I'm saying the boy's a pansy. Rickey ain't no  pansy.

Edited by harveycmd

9 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

Playing time? If he doesn't think he can get on the field at Texas, then how does he think he'll do in the NFL? I'm saying the boy's a pansy. Rickey ain't no  pansy.

I think you should tap the brakes on that. He’s just looking for the best opportunity to play early and there is nothing wrong with that. You can’t fault kids for not wanting to wait a year or two to get significant playing time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

If the boy doesn't think he can crack the line-up at Texas, then what does he think he'll do in NFL? Arch is waiting. Does Davison thinks he's gotta go as freshman? Jesus. He's nothing to us. Hose him.

Edited by harveycmd

Posted (edited)

It doesn't hurt that Simon is thought to be the better prospect on most of the recruiting services. I understand Davison's decision to prioritize early playing time over NFL development. It's not like we had a guy on the team that waited his turn patiently for 2 seasons and produced when needed go has the 1st RB in the draft, or another guy that was a STs demon/3rd down back get drafted as well. To each his own.

And for those wondering about 2 back classes, well, I remember the West Virginia game in Sarkisian's 1st season when we didn't have the services of Robinson or Brooks and both Johnson and Keilan didn't finish the game healthy.

Edited by Neil Leininger
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, harveycmd said:

I'm thinking 25 or 26 we'll be going to final two with Arch. Davison will be at OSU with 40 carries and 127 yards. Good luck goober.

No reason to call any prospect names.  If Davison going to Ohio State, okay.  Texas isn’t going to fold by not getting Davison.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, harveycmd said:

Wrong? Class? Where am I? Is this a Ohio State or Texas board?

It’s just all abt showing respect towards other ppl. How would you feel if ppl called you or ur son a pansy bc he didn’t wanna go to Texas?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ElCafetero said:

It’s just all abt showing respect towards other ppl. How would you feel if ppl called you or ur son a pansy bc he didn’t wanna go to Texas?

It's not about going to Texas. This is Texas Longhorns site. What are be supposed to say about a guy who decided he doesn't like Texas?

Edited by harveycmd