This could get interesting. Part 2

It’s incredible the number of controversies that a school like Florida gets itself into.   It’s incredibly sleazy, but that is just one side of the story.  I will say, if the allegations are true, I would love to see those guys personally liable.  I don’t know how the law works, but he didnt sue Florida.  He sued personally.  

This is exhibit A on doing things right 

For perspective, the upcoming revenue share for all athletes per P5 school is estimated to be around $20m per year.  That’s the amount for ALL athletes in all sports programs, per school.

Rashada claiming $14m is mind boggling.

I’m not buying the story from him or whoever his handlers are. Maybe we will find out but probably not once lawyers are involved.

His recruitment per Wikipedia:

Rashada initially committed to play college football at Miami over offers from LSU, Florida, Mississippi, and Texas A&M.[7] It was reported that Rashada received a Name, Image and Likeness (NIL) offer of up to $9.5 after his commitment to Miami.[8] He later denied that any deal had been offered to him.[9]

He later flipped his commitment to Florida.[10]Shortly before he was set to enroll for Florida's 2023 spring semester, Rashada requested a release from his National Letter of Intent.[11] It was later reported that a $13.85 million NIL deal with the Gator Collective, an athletic booster group that is unaffiliated with Florida's athletic program, had fallen through.[12]Rashada ultimately enrolled at Arizona State, where his father had played.[13]

33 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Me thinks more and more that it is unlikely Texas sees Napier in DKR this season.

He’s gonna have to win a lot to stay. With that schedule I don’t see it 

49 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

Me thinks more and more that it is unlikely Texas sees Napier in DKR this season.

He barely made it thru last season. If they can use this as a reason to get rid of him and avoid the buyout (not sure the amount)  or reduce it then he may be toast.

2 hours ago, jonbailey said:

Is Saul Goodman out and practicing law again?

Nevermind. Apparently he provided the Athletic with a copy of the contract. I dont think this ends well for that coach. Any idea of a replacement target?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, jonbailey said:

Nevermind. Apparently he provided the Athletic with a copy of the contract. I dont think this ends well for that coach. Any idea of a replacement target?

I figured it was a verbal he said/she said scenario. I didn’t think they would  be dumb enough to put it in writing and then not honor it.

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

Napier could win 8 games this year (absolutely not happening) and he will still be shown the door 

If he wins eight games with this schedule and outside noise, he might just be named Coach of the Year and still be looking for a job in 2025.

• Haha 3