K.J. Lacey at Elite 11 Thread

2 hours ago, Shane said:

I’ll trust Sark’s evaluation over a camp. 

I think we all have faith in Sark, I know I do, just wish someone had balls to ask him why he thinks at QB position it's necessary to offer kids before their Jr and Sr evals.  Would like to hear the answer.   With a current 3 deep better than the Denver Broncos, I could care less who we are taking that may or may not play in 5-6 years...

That and it really seems like Russell is going to bite us similar to Mack not taking Luck, RG3, and Manziel.   I can already see the interviews when Bama wins a title, "Texas was my dream school but"......

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Derek Handler said:

I think we all have faith in Sark, I know I do, just wish someone had balls to ask him why he thinks at QB position it's necessary to offer kids before their Jr and Sr evals.  Would like to hear the answer.   With a current 3 deep better than the Denver Broncos, I could care less who we are taking that may or may not play in 5-6 years...

That and it really seems like Russell is going to bite us similar to Mack not taking Luck, RG3, and Manziel.   I can already see the interviews when Bama wins a title, "Texas was my dream school but"......

Well said and agree...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Derek Handler said:

I get it I do. I’m just tired of seeing kids bashed cause that’s not the choice a “fan” would make. I myself am a fan of Texas but I never attended the school nor played for it. Just like to cheer them on. I’m not paid the big bucks to make any decisions either. I think some fans have ptsd from the last two coaching staffs 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Shane
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Derek Handler said:

I think Sark spends those two years developing them and getting them ready from afar. Sark has to be going over film and getting him ready to come into his program to possibly be handed the keys to his offense (also AJ Milwee as well)

• Hook 'Em 1

It seems like Keelon Russell will be a great quarterback. He is from the state of Texas. And H seemed to want to be at Texas. All that on the surface could make this feel like a miss. The question becomes was he going to be willing to sit for 2-3 years? You're Elite 11 MVP and you don't see the field until after Arch and maybe Trey Owens? Do you stay? Will be the same question for KJ, but maybe the loyalty matters a bit. 

3 hours ago, SamuraiKnight said:

It seems like Keelon Russell will be a great quarterback. He is from the state of Texas. And H seemed to want to be at Texas. All that on the surface could make this feel like a miss. The question becomes was he going to be willing to sit for 2-3 years? You're Elite 11 MVP and you don't see the field until after Arch and maybe Trey Owens? Do you stay? Will be the same question for KJ, but maybe the loyalty matters a bit. 

Aren’t Klubnik and Jackson Arnold Elite 11 Champions? Are we not including them in the “recruiting misses” that Texas has had. I’m happy with Ewers, Arch, and will be if KJ Lacey remains with us. For the record Klubnik, Arnold, and now Russell have placed higher than Texas QBs that were in the same competition. Chill.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, thatdude2 said:

Aren’t Klubnik and Jackson Arnold Elite 11 Champions? Are we not including them in the “recruiting misses” that Texas has had. I’m happy with Ewers, Arch, and will be if KJ Lacey remains with us. For the record Klubnik, Arnold, and now Russell have placed higher than Texas QBs that were in the same competition. Chill.

I'm not "Not chill" on the issue. I just think it will be fascinating to watch.  I also think this is slightly different in that Arch didn't participate in Elite 11, and Sark recruited Ewers as a transfer. This feels like the first time we have a chance to witness Sark having 2 high level options who both want to come to Texas and Sark having to make a decision that we get to watch. I like KJ. And Dia Bell vs Troy Huhn will also be something we get to see. The big difference here is Keelon is from Texas. From Duncanville. I just think it's interesting. You kinda wonder if KJ wasn't already committed, who Sark would have pushed for.     

My thoughts are barring injury or transfer we have Ewers for '24, Arch '25-'26, Owens '27-'28 and those are just the presumed starters. So there is a lot of things that can transpire between now and '29. I feel confident Sark has a handle on the situation and with the portal I believe it's gonna be a long while before QB becomes a position of concern.