Injury Bug Bites Again

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

Sources have indicated to OnTexasFootball the injury bug bit again at practice Monday afternoon.

We do not know severity at this point and we are withholding the name of the player.

UPDATE: Given another source has mentioned the name, we will say the player referenced above is freshman RB Christian Clark. We still do not know the severity of the injury, although it sounds like a non-contact injury.

C'mon, @CJ Vogel - injury "bug"?  A bug is transitory, not season-ending.  

Ryan Niblett is 175 pounds soaking wet after a good meal at Kerby Lane.

Moving him to RB solves nothing besides the premise of having another body, which sounds nice but he would never play since he does nothing the other guys at the position don’t already offer.

Edited by Assistant Regional Manager
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Ryan Niblett to RB?  We can’t go into the season with 2 smaller backs blue and wisner and the freshman gibson plus a converted LB. Niblett was a RB in HS and sits 7th on the WR depth chart. 

should clarify. Niblett played some RB in hs. Was an all everything player. 

I like this idea. I was thinking golden but I like this better

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

Ryan Niblett is 175 pounds soaking wet after a good meal at Kerby Lane.

Moving him to RB solves nothing besides the premise of having another body, which sounds nice but he would never play since he does nothing the other guys at the position don’t already offer.

I get your point, but Blue and Wisner are more likely to get nicked up with their smaller stature.  Niblett would never be a full time RB, but could be a boutique back as Bobby has called K Rob previously.  We need guys that could take snaps in case of emergency.  

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Quinncent McManning, Jr. said:

Ryan Niblett to RB?  We can’t go into the season with 2 smaller backs blue and wisner and the freshman gibson plus a converted LB. Niblett was a RB in HS and sits 7th on the WR depth chart. 

should clarify. Niblett played some RB in hs. Was an all everything player. 

I put him at rb for 2 seasons on ncaa 25 and he was the best back on the team and won a hiesman 👀

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, CJ Vogel said:

Sources have indicated to OnTexasFootball the injury bug bit again at practice Monday afternoon.

We do not know severity at this point and we are withholding the name of the player.

UPDATE: Given another source has mentioned the name, we will say the player referenced above is freshman RB Christian Clark. We still do not know the severity of the injury, although it sounds like a non-contact injury.

I appreciate OTF not mentioning the name imagine family reading it . Thank you guy for your thoughtfulness.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texas fan in Georgia said:

He also said another body may have moved from defense to offense… we know derion guillete took reps… who else?

Drives me nuts we keep moving players from defense.  Doens't matter who runs the ball if the defense can't get off the field.  Surely one of the 11 WR's on ship can move to RB vs defense where we have zero depth besides at DE.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CJ Vogel said:

The player in reference to the post above is freshman RB Christian Clark. OTF was told he landed awkwardly and went down in pain and was unable to get off the field under his own power. 

This sounds like he will be done for the year. & this is apeaking as someone who has tore up their knee multiple times from non-contact injuries.  That really sucks & I’m praying for a miracle in regards to his health. But unfortunately that sounds very ominous.

• Hook 'Em 1