Texas Player Personnel Director Moving On

Texas Director of Player Personnel Billy Glasscock has reportedly accepted the General Manager's role at Ole Miss for Rebels' coach Lane Kiffin.

Glassclock, a successsful former recruiting coordinator and player personnel head for both Minnesota and North Carolina State, was one of Steve Sarkisian's first hires in Austin.

Glasscock helped oversee three consecutive top three recruiting classes for the Longhorns.

I am told to expect to see some restructuring in the Texas personnel department as part of this move.

View full news

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Burton said:

Texas Director of Player Personnel Billy Glasscock has reportedly accepted the General Manager's role at Ole Miss for Rebels' coach Lane Kiffin.

Glassclock, a successsful former recruiting coordinator and player personnel head for both Minnesota and North Carolina State, was one of Steve Sarkisian's first hires in Austin.

Glasscock helped oversee three consecutive top three recruiting classes for the Longhorns.

I am told to expect to see some restructuring in the Texas personnel department as part of this move.

View full news

What u mean by uwas told  to expect to see some restructuring in the Texas personnel department as part of this move 

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder what the backstory is here. Just $, difference of opinion or if he views this move as a promotion? Interested to see where Sark goes from here. It will definitely be someone I've never heard of or never considered based on his last few hires.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chinadoll10 said:

LK wouldn’t just pull the rug from Sark right? There had to have been multiple conversations and a succession plan is already in place. Right? Tell me how to feel Bobbby!?!?

First of all, I suspect two people to move up as a result: Brandon Harris and Jon Michael Jones.

Second, Sark has been looking at restructuring some things on that end. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Burton said:

First of all, I suspect two people to move up as a result: Brandon Harris and Jon Michael Jones.

Second, Sark has been looking at restructuring some things on that end. 

Good to hear, I was a tad worried we might lose others as well.(like Harris) Is this Ole Miss making an effort to find ways into Texas or more they just like his resume??

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bobby Burton said:

Exactly what I said. Texas has not had an official GM for football previously. 

I thought director of player personnel and GM were the same position—just called differently depending on the team.

Like the move if it gets stuff off Sark’s plate. Wasn’t pumped when first heard we were hiring such an important position from NC State (purely based on snobbery). But Glasscock seemed adequate. Honestly, he might’ve been terrible I have no insight.

Hoping this is for an upgrade. Or to separate high school recruiting from portal recruiting and hire additional personnel.