Napier is cooked

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DIIsles said:

Does Alabama dc Kane Wommack start getting p4 head coaching buzz soon? He was a sitting head coach when hired.

Doubtful for a job like this. 

Look to the Sexton cliet list as the start for UF ... Lane Kiffin will be mentioned most IMO

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Burnt Orange Horn said:

Earlier it was reported they did not.  They need to wait until December to fire him.  How do they expect to get a competent coach if they are that broke?

Great question BOH ! I’m wondering the same thing 

22 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Look to the Sexton cliet list as the start for UF ... Lane Kiffin will be mentioned most IMO

Kiffin seems tough. There’s a good chance Ole Miss makes the playoffs which would really screw things up from a recruiting and portal viewpoint. Would he want to go to a depleted Florida team that has to wait a year to add talent? 

27 minutes ago, Tuco Ramirez said:

Kiffin seems tough. There’s a good chance Ole Miss makes the playoffs which would really screw things up from a recruiting and portal viewpoint. Would he want to go to a depleted Florida team that has to wait a year to add talent? 

With the portal, you don't go have to wait to add talent? How many players would go with him?

The playoffs start Dec 20. NSD is Dec 4. Portal opens Dec 9. It doesn’t close until Jan 7 so he will have a small window unless ole miss makes a deep run into the playoffs. Will be difficult to bring players along since SEC will make them sit a year. I think the NCAA is stopping the spring portal, so he’s basically left with spring NSD and anyone leaving a team whose coach just left. Not a good situation. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JMarquette said:

So Kiffin is obvious target number 1 for Florida, after that, who else? 

Drinkowitz? 

I don't think Florida gets a current HC.

Will Stein would be my initial bet. 

Lane Kiffin and Dan Lanning are Jimmy Sexton guys ... this is where it starts IMO

Eli Drinkwitz is a WME agency guy

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

@Gerry why kidding for Florida is ole miss not a good job than Florida I think he should stay at ole miss

23 minutes ago, CJ Vogel said:

That team will have no fight by the time they head to Austin.

But I bet they go full in by starting DJ Lagway by then.

Before they inexplicably take him out after leading the Gators to a field goal.

13 minutes ago, Gerry Hamilton said:

Lane Kiffin and Dan Lanning are Jimmy Sexton guys ... this is where it starts IMO

Eli Drinkwitz is a WME agency guy

I understand the agency ties in most scenarios…but why would UF lean towards Sexton over anyone else?