OU has it ROUGH over the next two months

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

I have a feeling that defense they are hanging their hat on isn't as good as they think.

I agree. They are improved from 77th last year, no doubt. But are they a top 20 defense? Probably more like 40-45. But they need to be a top 20 D with that schedule against the five best offensive minds in the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 7

That is nuts.  There is no team (including the Longhorns) that would run that gauntlet undefeated.  Georgia would probably drop two.  

.....just brutal.

edit- this may set their program back for years.  What a gift.

Edited by Bobbers
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

I’ll be interested to see how Tennessee performs vs OU.  I have no doubt OU will probably lose…but by how much?  Tennessee clearly has the better offense, and I think Tennessee will know how to handle Venables defense, given who Tennessee’s head coach is.

1 hour ago, Lavalulu said:

I’ll be interested to see how Tennessee performs vs OU.  I have no doubt OU will probably lose…but by how much?  Tennessee clearly has the better offense, and I think Tennessee will know how to handle Venables defense, given who Tennessee’s head coach is.

It’ll give us some interesting game tape to study.

I have a feeling they’ll probably beat Mizzou of these teams. From what all 6 programs have put on film, Mizzou looks like worst of the 6 (even worse than OU). OU’s a better team than BC, and Mizzou didn’t look phenomenal vs BC. 

This Tenn. and OU game is interesting to me. I think it comes down to Tenn. OL vs. Oklahoma’s D Line. I don’t think Nico can beat Brent’s defense by himself. Does OU get this to look like a Kentucky vs. Georgia game. I would love to see OU finish 5 - 7.

6 hours ago, thatdude2 said:

This Tenn. and OU game is interesting to me. I think it comes down to Tenn. OL vs. Oklahoma’s D Line. I don’t think Nico can beat Brent’s defense by himself. Does OU get this to look like a Kentucky vs. Georgia game. I would love to see OU finish 5 - 7.

There’s a reason why Tennessee hasn’t given up many points so far—they have a pretty balanced team—including a very good defense.  Which makes this game very intriguing to watch…I think this game will give Texas an idea how OU is this season