Take the Green Jersey of Quinn in Practice

Quinn looked afraid to get hit in the OU game coming off his injury.  He looked more like he did in the Tech game in 2022 than the Michigan game.  As the game went on, he seemed to process faster and he did run the keeper for a TD.  But if he starts the Georgia game like he did the OU game, we are looking at an L.  It has occurred to me that maybe Sark needs to expose Quinn to a little contact in practice this week.  I assume that the defense would have sense enough not to blast Quinn and a little contact might get him back in the groove.  Probably a dumb idea but I like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Raistlin said:

Quinn looked afraid to get hit in the OU game coming off his injury.  He looked more like he did in the Tech game in 2022 than the Michigan game.  As the game went on, he seemed to process faster and he did run the keeper for a TD.  But if he starts the Georgia game like he did the OU game, we are looking at an L.  It has occurred to me that maybe Sark needs to expose Quinn to a little contact in practice this week.  I assume that the defense would have sense enough not to blast Quinn and a little contact might get him back in the groove.  Probably a dumb idea but I like it.

You seriously want to take a no contact jersey of your most experienced qb of a championship caliber team because he didn't put up video game numbers in a game Texas won and is coming off injury? What are we doing? With all due respect, I wouldn't let you coach my fantasy team.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, syracusehorn said:

I don't think it has to do with getting hit. I think it's hesitancy to really throw the ball with his full motion. He only stepped into one throw on Saturday, and was fine getting hit on the goal line for the final TD.

Perhaps.  If so, he better let it rip in practice this week.  I would rather find out whether he can go in practice than in the first half against Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Venables gave him some novel looks in the first few possessions. I think he was trying to take care of the ball. Other than the Golden throw (and who knows, maybe Golden ran the route a bit shallow) and the throw to Bond (who tripped in his cut), Quinn could of been 22 of 29 for 76% completion rate?

Just a thought.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dread-headed Texan said:

You seriously want to take a no contact jersey of your most experienced qb of a championship caliber team because he didn't put up video game numbers in a game Texas won and is coming off injury? What are we doing? With all due respect, I wouldn't let you coach my fantasy team.

You understate how bad Quinn played.  We had 13 yards in the first quarter despite wide open receivers all over the field.  He had a good 2nd quarter but his second half was subpar.  He looked like he had regressed to 2022.  Georgia will be an entirely different game than BlowU.

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, syracusehorn said:

I don't think it has to do with getting hit. I think it's hesitancy to really throw the ball with his full motion. He only stepped into one throw on Saturday, and was fine getting hit on the goal line for the final TD.

This all the way. He’s coming off an oblique injury and is at risk of re-straining. Yes he was cleared to play but mentally he had to overcome that hurdle. This is the point many did not appreciate.  

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Lavalulu said:

Once Quinn got into rhythm he was fine.  But I admit I was white-knuckling my beer the entire first quarter.🤣

Imagine Quinn playing that way against Georgia instead of a crippled OU team.

4 hours ago, Raistlin said:

Imagine Quinn playing that way against Georgia instead of a crippled OU team.

Imagine Georgia playing like they did in the first quarter at Alabama. Do you think they can beat us if we lead by 4 touchdowns at any point in the game. 

On 10/14/2024 at 8:10 PM, Raistlin said:

On 10/14/2024 at 5:33 PM, Demon340 said:

I was wondering how their recruits at the game felt afterwards.  I don't know who was present or if any undecided players were there.

Edited by LILP

image.gif.2980b53b3ff36622dee682422ea29c33.gifimage.gif.2980b53b3ff36622dee682422ea29c33.gif

8 hours ago, Assistant Regional Manager said:

He didn’t even play against Texas Tech in 2022.

You are correct, Hudson Card was the QB that day.  Nonetheless, that is exactly who Quinn looked like in the first Quarter of the OU game.

I look at this differently. Texas wasn’t as aggressive in its offensive looks and play calls minus the 2 Golden throws and the Wingo reverse. Sark reminds me a lot like Sabin in games he knows he has the talent advatage (see Miss State game).. He tends to not entirely open up his playbook and doesn’t win as big as some would like. I look for a much more aggressive offensive approach this week.

• Hook 'Em 1