Sark’s Hubris?

HornyHorn

Easy to say yes after the results but had we won not a person mentions it. That said, given the results and how Georgia played more hungry with more of an edge, yes. You can’t publicly boast about your team taking on the mantra of F around and find out prior to the biggest game of the season and then go out and get smacked in the mouth at home, isn’t the best look imo. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, HornyHorn said:

Do y’all think Sark exhibited some hubris coming into this game? Spent time on Gameday, sat with Pat McAfee and gave him a FAFO tank top, etc. Didn’t sit right with me before the game and it sure does piss me off after it. Felt like rat poison personified.

Pregame sideline was a circus, not surprising team lacked focus.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Do y’all think Sark exhibited some hubris coming into this game? Spent time on Gameday, sat with Pat McAfee and gave him a FAFO tank top, etc. Didn’t sit right with me before the game and it sure does piss me off after it. Felt like rat poison personified.

No. 

I think in general the team, program, athletes, and fanbase all felt a little big given the fact that we hadn't really played a great team yet. But nothing abnormal or out of bounds. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Coaches are required to go on gameday when their school is hosting.

Everyone loved all the shirts and catchphrases a week ago. If coaches had as many knee jerk reactions as message board fans, they would lose their locker room by week 3. 

You don’t overhaul who you are because you lost to the #5 team in the country who won 2 of the last 3 national titles.

• Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, sui5 said:

Please do not try to put this on Sark. 3 was so bad it wouldn't have mattered what he called

Sark is known as the QB guru, right? Quinn was a perfect five star recruit, one Sark went out and recruited himself, he’s since had three years to mold and coach him, he’s a three year starter. I guess we only applaud the success stories but not highlight the shortcomings. Sark shoulders some of the blame here, it’s not just Quinn. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasLonghorns said:

Sark is known as the QB guru, right? Quinn was a perfect five star recruit, one Sark went out and recruited himself, he’s since had three years to mold and coach him, he’s a three year starter. I guess we only applaud the success stories but not highlight the shortcomings. Sark shoulders some of the blame here, it’s not just Quinn. 

I haven't seen anyone give Sark or Quinn a pass for poor performance. But that's different from "Sark is so arrogant and it pisses me off!!!!" 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jkates said:

I haven't seen anyone give Sark or Quinn a pass for poor performance. But that's different from "Sark is so arrogant and it pisses me off!!!!" 

lol, no doubt I agree! I just don’t think QE catching all the blame is reasonable. Many other factors that played a role. 

Edited by TexasLonghorns
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasLonghorns said:

I don't see how sark is responsible for a third year QB not seeing open guys and being scared in the pocket, but I guess Quinn just needs more reps? (lol) The problem I have is that Quinn is regressing to things he did in year 1, that's not on Sark in my opinion

6 hours ago, graemakin said:

Here goes the doom and gloom crowd again.  I think it matters very little with how visible Sark was last week or any week.  If anything he's trying to promote the program and brand that is Texas to recruits and the fan base.  

They’ve been chomping at the bit for 6 weeks to start creating bullcrap narratives, turning on our players and say “fire (insert any coach on the staffs name here)” 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, HornyHorn said:

Nope, you promote the program every chance you get. One loss is not derailing the hype train in any way. Make the playoffs is always the goal, and you can do that and not have to win the SEC.

In fact, based on the way the bracket shapes out, the 5th seed is likely the 2nd best seed to have behind #1.

9 hours ago, HornyHorn said:

The head football coach of a team where ESPN has decided to broadcast from on campus for two days agrees to get interviewed by ESPN while they're in town?  I'm shocked!  How could he do such a thing?  🙄

Who tf cares?  This type of stuff happens every week.  It's part of the job description.