Jump to content

GQ03

Supporters
  • Posts

    781
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GQ03

  1. I'm still holding out hope for Samples as the WR coach for whenever Jackson moves on.
  2. I thought Gerry mentioned last year that Berry is related to Juluke. Maybe Wilson's departure makes him leave the boot but family brings him to Austin.
  3. https://youtu.be/i7xv995X04w?si=_AkYmhBfSoij5bwu Really caught fire in the 2nd quarter & he's a lot better off the dribble than I originally imagined.
  4. I think in normal years we'd pass because we only seem to take high producers at their previous stops but I'm hoping the increase to 105 allows for takes like this. Him with Atkinson, Barnes & TyAnthony Smith would go a long way towards getting that room right.
  5. Not only that but a Michigan offensive staff member (maybe an analyst) that he was close to announced he was taking another job hours after Lee signed. To quote George W. Bush " I don't know if they say this in Tennessee but there's a saying in Texas, fool me once...shame on you, fool me twice...you, you just can't get fooled again".
  6. I agree but as RB4 at best. If he can accept that role then I'm glad to have him back if not then the portal is right there.
  7. Hey, if it happens remember who said it first and if they bust just forget I mentioned it.
  8. I don't care what anyone says, Jermaine Bishop & Kohen Brown will be our Justin Jefferson & Ja"Marr Chase. I might be going a little overboard but I'm very high on those two.
  9. This. I was one that was known to be down on Baker throughout his recruitment although most of that was me trying to tell anyone who'd listen that Drew Timme was the much better pplayer. With that said, if Elkins turned into Baker I'd be ecstatic to get that from the 15the guy on the roster. It'd mean some serious development is happening in the program.
  10. What's really stupid about their scheduling is they made sure Texas Tech plays both Kansas schools and both Utah schools but they only played one other in-state school and the one they chose to give them was the one they have the least history with. How is there any season in which Texas Tech, Baylor and TCU don't play each other??
  11. I agree including trying to entice Muhammad and even Hill to come back. Go all in like Ohio State did last year.
  12. I believe you and believe those folks are still offering everything in order for the students to be successful. What I'm saying is before NIL, you would still see some guys become academically ineligible because those guys refused to utilize all of the available resources (PJ Tucker). Now, that they're (in some cases) being paid millions I don't think you'll be seeing any of these guys academically ineligible moving forward because these schools literally can't afford for them to fail. They'll be eligible whether they utilize the resources or not.
  13. Point remains the same but I don't believe James followed Tommy to TCU. He's doing well starting at Center for Miami and ironically was the bigger contributor at Bama even though Tommy was the can't miss guy that everyone wanted of the two.
  14. Not sure I agree on MSU, we needed all of that time to make that comeback. We were down double digits a good portion of the 2nd quarter through the last 5 mins or so of the 4th quarter.
  15. Yeah...no need to rev up the Georgia fanbase more than they already will be plus depending on what happens with us, we might need all of the home field advantage we can get for Pitt to knock off ND.
  16. I get that but Vandy was ranked #9 last week by virtue of beating #11 South Carolina, #10 LSU and #15 Mizzou. Then we beat them and went from #20 to #11. OU jumped into the top 5 after beating #15 Michigan and #22 Auburn. Do you not see how others could make the same argument about many teams in the SEC?
  17. Folks look at Texas and say they've only beaten OU (whose only beaten Tennessee whose beaten nobody) and Vandy whose only ranked as highly as they are because they beat overrated teams like a top 15 ranked South Carolina, top 20 Mizzou and a top 10/15 LSU. The argument is SEC teams get ranked highly just because they're SEC and then when they lose the team that beats them gets the huge bump without considering the original ranked team might be highly overrated as South Carolina, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma and frankly we were as well.
  18. Texas was #11 in the cfp rankings last week. BYU will drop behind Texas & OU and everyone between 8-12 will move up one slot and Texas will be 10th.
  19. We'll be 10th behind the following: 1. Ohio St 2. A&M/Indiana 3. Indiana/A&M 4. Alabama 5. Georgia 6. Ole Miss/Tech 7. Tech/Ole Miss 8. Oregon 9. Notre Dame
  20. People say the same thing about the entire SEC.
  21. In the championship game, we went up and down the field on them but couldn't finish in the red zone. Ole Miss has fasted on spreading Georgia out and hitting them in the middle of the field where the linebackers have vacated and then working them over with timely QB runs.
  22. I would think Sark leans more on the game plan we used in the SEC Championship game where we threw the ball a ton with targets to motion and had much more success moving the ball downfield. Hopefully, Arch's legs & a better fg kicker lead to more than 6 pts after outgaining Georgia by 200 yds.
  23. If we're 10-2, I actually see us passing Ole Miss. At that point Ole Miss best wins would be an LSU team that fired their coach and an OU team we dominated meanwhile we'd have top 10 wins over #6 OU, #9 Vandy, #5 Georgia (who they lost to) and #3 A&M. We could be looking at the perfect scenario of avoiding the SEC championship game AND getting the 1st round bye.
  24. With it looking like we'll be down one or both of Matas & Traore, you might as well pencil in Cam Boozer for 30 points & 20 rebs. Swain will not be able to handle him down low especially with any rim protection.
  25. They really need to scrap it. Any time I see Spencer Shannon jump offsides, hold or straight whiff on a block I wonder why we even bother considering we use him as a 6th olineman instead of like an actual tight end. I'd be willing to bet every dollar that I own that Alabama's LT has more targets than Shannon. Having him out there effectively turns it to a 9 vs 11 game when we're on offense.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.