Jump to content

Purplehorn3

Supporters
  • Posts

    153
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Purplehorn3

  1. I watched the kid from his junior year on, No way should he have ever been a walk-on
  2. Hard to believe he left 'Bama for college station
  3. Go look at the Johnny Walker one from either 1988 or 89.
  4. 1983. OU RB Marcus Dupree came into the game wanting to repeat his dominate 1982 performance. The Texas defense was ready. The play of the game was when Dupree took the handoff and was met by Richard Peavy. The hit was heard around the stadium. Dupree slowly got up and wandered towards the Texas defensive huddle. He was taken off the field and as far as I remember he never carried the ball for OU again. Meanwhile, Texas Freshman RB Edwin Simmons got the job done for Texas having a 100 yds rushing along with 2 TDs. Final: Texas 28 - OU 16
  5. How does he compare to TEs of the past at Texas?
  6. I finally got around to seeing his Hudl video. He catches passes, runs the ball and even has two kick returns for TDs this year. He is 6'5" and his play reminds me of a vanilla Ja'Tavion Sanders. I have no idea what the competition level is in Illinois, but the kid seems to be a baller.
  7. There is a kid from Smithson Valley who is tearing it up. He is committed to Tech, but I would think he might flip due to his QB coming to Texas next year
  8. Don't forget the greatest Texas Ranger...Jack Hays
  9. Maybe he should dig a grave and piss in it lol
  10. Collin Simmons and his "Urinating on the field" simulation is the first taunting / celebration penalty I can think of since 1990 (or maybe 1989) During the OU game, Shane Dronette sacked the sooner QB and simulated digging a grave with an imaginary shovel. Flag comes out and first down sooners.. My favorite one from recent memory was the guy from Mississippi that crawled like a dog and raised his leg to mark his territory. I hope this doesn't ever happen again, but it will probably around the year 2043
  11. I have two ARDs myself.
  12. ...and A&M swallows
  13. Bye Week To Do List: * Work on solving the issue we have with the "A" gaps. We have to win that battle. UTSA and Tennessee figured it out and the rest of our opponents will as well. * Tell Arch to tuck and run when he can and stop crossing the LOS then throwing the ball. Once is forgivable, but this has happened 3 times this year. I don't recall it happening in the past * Get healthy. We will need all hands-on deck...lock and load. * Start research on players who are possible contributors for the portal. Needs: LBer, OL (Particularly Center / Guard) maybe a RB and DL * Eliminate stupid celebrations that draw attention. Like we used to tell our players "Act like you have been there" * Fix special teams issues. We have won games in the past due to exceptional special teams play. Don't let it cost us Feel free to add your own
  14. Against UTSA, the center was snapping the ball high on several occasions. If the ball is not where it is supposed to be, if often throws off the timing of the play. I hope that is not a problem on Saturday
  15. That is a surprise since G.W. Bush and Mach Brown were friends
  16. Hopefully Arch will have a great game and do his "Trump" dance after a score
  17. Any opinions of Magic Mushrooms
  18. My nephew played for Gundy (WR: 2013-2018) and loved the guy. He has some great stories about his time at OSU
  19. Its one thing to take care of yourself and family, but another thing when you own a business and others are depending on you. It reminds me of the "WIT" mantra.
  20. Some history, In 1989 I ruptured two discs in my lumbar region during spring training (Thank you Stan Thomas lol). It was later discovered I had stenosis of the lumbar, effectively ending my playing career. This injury started to effect me more and more as I aged. Five years ago, I had to give up golf. Ever so often the pain gets intense and I do take some THC infused gummies in order to sleep. I am NOT against weed. I was only giving the moderators a hard time. I am no prude, but my wife kinda is when it comes to that, She comes from a super conservative culture (Mexican). I had to get her brother's approval to ask her out, I do drink, but limit myself to two Michelob Ultras per game
  21. LOL....finally someone who gets my sense of humor
  22. He earns is money for sure
  23. Pretty much what I told my wife lol
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.