Jump to content

Bunk Moreland

Supporters
  • Posts

    2618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bunk Moreland

  1. I don’t disagree. I have said precisely that elsewhere. But I expect to see month-over-month improvement or will be sorely disappointed.
  2. That’s fair. I just want to see this team improve week over week. They should be better a month from now than they are now, and even better at the end of November. They will need to be if they want to legitimately run the table in the CFP.
  3. You’re not wrong. And yet, Texas cannot get out of its own way. The offense looks like a complete disaster most of the time, this team consistently plays sloppy, undisciplined, stupid football. It’s a testament to just how talented and how high of a ceiling this team has (along with the dominance of Muschamp’s D) that they are 4-0 against a tough schedule despite it all. I think people are frustrated because we can SEE how dominant this team can and should be. And maybe they will get there.
  4. Quite possibly because he doesn’t believe in QB run or dual threat QBs (although to his credit he does seem to be evolving a bit on that), and his arrogance about the superiority and complexity of his offensive system preclude him from shaping his offense around his personnel and their strengths until they inevitably fail and he has to adapt in order to not lose several games. So, yes, I think it is very possible that Sark would have never won a championship with Vince in college. I think he is an amazing head coach and CEO and recruiter, and in general he does have a brilliant mind for offensive innovation. But he is mediocre at QB development (although that might just be a Milwee issue) and he is horrible at maximizing his talent. There is no excuse—NO EXCUSE—for an offense this talented to be as putrid as it is. That is an indictment on Sark, not Arch, not the OL.
  5. Not just that—Sark has taken two #1 overall recruits at QB and they have somehow regressed under him. You can quibble about whether they were overrated coming out of high school, but the consensus was that Quinn and Arch were future #1 overall draft picks. He is so stubborn about his QBs adapting to HIS system instead of trying to maximize his QBs’ strengths. He has already forgotten the lesson from last year, which was let Arch be Arch. So why would anyone think that he wouldn’t do the same to Kamario?
  6. Sark would just misuse him so why bother?
  7. They’re going to lose at least 4 more (Texas, Miss St, Florida, Ole Miss) and maybe more.
  8. There you go hating the Midwest again, Bobby 😉
  9. It’s not exactly a vote of confidence in your current situation if you’re literally having to change the entire philosophy of your offense three games into a season.
  10. I think Arch gets better when he’s pissed off. It became a bit of a meme that the nation laughed at, but when he got popped after scoring a TD during the UTSA game last year (or was it UTEP?) and got up salty, it made him a better player. When Livingtone kept dropping balls in the Michigan game, you could see Arch on the sideline pissed off saying “F it!” and then he proceeded to rip it up. Sark has said that he needs to get popped a bit to get his competitive juices flowing. I actually think, paradoxically, the clean pockets have prevented him a bit from getting his competitive juices flowing. It’s why I hope Sark dials up some designed QB runs early. Arch might need it to get his head in the game.
  11. I’m using you for dramatic effect, Joe.
  12. But @Joe Z assured me that Kyle Flood was dumpster diving for Sikorski. I was told that he was worse than Nick Brooks and Connor Stroh and that Kyle Flood can’t evaluate to save his life and must be fired immediately. I was assured that Sikorski was going to kill our championship season. What happened?!!
  13. Frauds are getting exposed for being frauds against one of the absolute worst P4 teams.
  14. O/U: 5 total INT between Mateer and Reed in the A&M-OU game
  15. CJ Baxter tearing up that charmin soft Aggie D
  16. I’m a bit baffled by the discussion on the first question. CJ nailed it. Whatever the circumstances (and receiver drops certainly played a MAJOR role), Arch had a pass efficiency rating of 110. That’s really bad. I don’t care that it was against Ohio State—it wasn’t good enough. I don’t think it’s outrageous to give Arch a huge amount of credit for his 4Q performance and leading the comeback while saying that to do so he had to overcome a “C” performance. You can’t just look at how the game ended to assess his overall body of work. Give him a bonus for how he ended it, sure. But to me that boosts him to, say, a 7 or 7.5.
  17. Rivals fired him for being lazy and never showing up at recruiting events. He’s as mediocre as they come.
  18. This is really the only post in the entire thread that nails it.
  19. Wanna ask him one more time?
  20. Good stuff, especially the OU servant
  21. The wild thing is that if Seymore doesn’t get hurt, he’s probably the starter. Chance and circumstance gave him the opening he needed.
  22. After last night (and through two games), who this team is at its core is starting to come into focus. And I’m happy to admit some things I was wrong about. * Smothers is really good. I was dead wrong about him. He’s a hard runner who can move the chains, run power, but is also capable of explosiveness. Maybe above all, he is money in the red zone. That is not a quality to be taken lightly after the last few years. * Sikorski might just be the best LG of the Sark era by the end of the year. As solid as Hayden Conner was in pass pro, I don’t ever remember him grading out like THAT, especially against that level of competition. And he is clearly the best run blocking LG we have seen under Sark. He’s not a finished product by any means, but I never expected to see him making these strides so fast. * Spencer Shannon was a JAG and I never expected him to be anything else. But he’s been really good so far, especially in the run game. After we heard nothing but positives on Masunas all spring, it’s sort of shocking to see Shannon playing as much and as well as he is. * The whole OL. @Joe Z might need to apologize to his boy Flood if they keep this up. I don’t think I can remember us leaning on and physically dominating this level of DL since the Bama game in 2023. They’re not perfect, but they have a chance to be really good by December. * Justin Cryer got a lot of crap from people on this board after the first game, and rightfully so. But he was very solid last night.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.