Jump to content

HookEmLonghorns

Supporters
  • Posts

    122
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HookEmLonghorns

  1. It’s odd that such a nit-picky, flag-happy ref crew was not on top of this.
  2. We earned #1. Results against good teams matter more than looking good against bad teams. I’m glad people vote on strength of record and not just the eye test. If it was the other way around, the college football season would eventually be full of even more cupcakes and boring games. As a fan with no real stakes in the game, I feel blessed that we have so many big games Sep-Dec. It’s so much more fun (as a non-doomer) to watch multiple huge matchups every month, instead of boring Notre Dame type games. It would be so lame for them if they lose in the first round or two of the cfp because they’re not battle tested at all. We are by far the most battle tested undefeated team right now. That’s why we’re #1 🤘
  3. Love Bijan! Still, this reads like the Athletic started this effort with the goal of digging up dirt on him, and they were disappointed to find nothing. That entire group seems intent on tearing people down, especially those connected to Texas. Eff em!
  4. The only team that could have an assistant coach say this with any honesty is UTSA. On lunch with the coaches this week they were talking about how coaches will often run the team extra hard in practice on weeks with “cupcake” games, just to build conditioning for future tougher opponents. Hence the players are often more exhausted and have weak jelly legs against easier opponents. That could explain the team looking less physical and playing “soft” last Saturday. Might also explain the injuries.
  5. Conflicting information is confusing to say the least. BV is probably the least trustworthy source though. He’s got a lot more skin in the game
  6. Do you happen to also write for the Athletic?
  7. Hero Kanu last year
  8. Our D line is going to wreck OU
  9. Channeled Nostradamus on this first play prediction:
  10. Looks like Goosby is gonna play a few downs
  11. 12 personnel, Hollywood run to the left. Just to show everyone that we’re improved from last year, even without Goosby.
  12. Great analysis, thanks. I know a lot of people disagree with me but I’d much rather have our schedule than Notre Dame’s. I want to watch as many great games as possible this season. I don’t want to watch 9+ predetermined blowouts, followed by a relatively untested team going into the first game of the cfp with the potential to immediately go home. Of course I want the natty, but that’s not promised to anyone. And if I had to choose, I’d rather have 3-4 (hopefully 5) months of meaningful games week-after-week than a few scattered weeks of decent opponents and a slightly higher likelihood of winning it all. The up-and-down journey through the season is a huge part of what makes the game so damn captivating and fun to watch. I love how this season is setting up. Can’t wait for it to start!
  13. What a boring schedule though. I feel bad for their fans in a way.
  14. Explosive plays will be at a level we haven’t seen in recent memory. Texas will never be “out” of a game because we’ll have the ability to rack up points extremely quickly. Why? Can Coleman and Ryan Wingo (and potentially Bishop) are elite, and Arch is a deep ball junkie. Opposing defenses have to put enough guys on the WRs to not get torched deep. So Hollywood and Raleek - both known to be explosive- are gonna eat. Arch has legs too. I’m expecting way more highlight plays this year.
  15. Wait, so our tax dollars are going to support Tech”s extremely unpopular agenda?
  16. CJ said they HAD positioned themselves well, but just ruined it all with this Sorsby nonsense. I think yall might be on the same page.
  17. As a dad with small children, I much prefer night games so I can watch uninterrupted after the kids are down. The only guaranteed night game announced today is on the one night they will definitely stay up late. No bueno for me
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.